Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
The more I see of Sterling Brown the more I love his game. Fantastic bench option that can defend, knock down 3's, and create his own shot at the basket. Love seeing him on the floor with the starters recently, he plays very well off of Giannis and Bledsoe.

He plays with a toughness that is needed at times.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
DJ Wilson is having a game tonight! A career night to be specific. He is playing with a lot of energy, grabbing all kinds of rebounds and playing good defense to boot. Its just one game, but its good to see. If he can keep up even a small part of this, he will be a very useful role player.

It’s great to see DJ developing! Happy to see the NBA now using the G League as a minor league these days. So many guys are just not ready when they come. Prior a guy like Wilson would sit on bench with no minutes or way to get meaningful in game development until he was written off. While he wasn’t a 1 & done, he was a late bloomer who didn’t put it together until year he came out.

To me, he is starting to pass Thon simply because he is rebounding & bringing defense. Moreover, he has performed better offensively in small sample.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Was nice to see Middleton snap out of his funk a little.

I noticed he was shooting a lot of mid-range jumpers today instead of the heavy 3-ptr approach. I wonder if Budenholzer let him go back to his comfort zone?

I haven't looked up the numbers, but I thought they shot a ton of mid rangers in the two games against the Knicks. I know Khris said when he's in a funk he likes to shoot the mid range, but acknowledged it's not a part of this offense.

Will be interesting to watch over the next few games.

Wilson is just a more physical player than Maker. He will get inside and bang and throw his body around, and Maker is just way too lean to have any kind of physical presence. Maker has a decent shot, and he can provide a little bit of offense, so he at least has a role on the team, but Wilson has already surpassed him in that (as Geezy said) he can really go up and get boards and he plays some tough defense as well.

REALLY nice to see, as last year (and even early this year) he looked like a complete bust. He might not turn into a 30 minute a game guy, but he's already turning into a solid 2nd unit guy, and can play with the starters and not bog the offense down.

I've already noted I'm a Maker fan, but it's not even that Maker isn't big enough to bang, more that he just won't. Wilson isn't really a huge guy, either, but I totally agree that he's been good at throwing himself in there and being the kind of aggressive that Thon is supposed to be.

I don't know, Maker looks like my 5 year old granddaughter could punch a hole through him. Wilson isn't a big guy either, but at least he has a little bit of muscle on him, and as you noted, isn't afraid to get inside and throw down. Maker is paper-thin, and just has no desire to get inside at all.

I don't know, Maker looks like my 5 year old granddaughter could punch a hole through him. Wilson isn't a big guy either, but at least he has a little bit of muscle on him, and as you noted, isn't afraid to get inside and throw down. Maker is paper-thin, and just has no desire to get inside at all.

That's simply not true. Maker bangs with everybody and will throw is body into anyone down low. He's the annoying try-hard that guys absolutely hate to play against.

The problem is, it doesn't matter. He weighs about 210 lbs at 7'1". By comparison, Giannis is 2 inches shorter and weighs about 40lbs more. He has no base nor center of gravity to stop anyone from moving him where ever they want.

Plus, he has a sweet flying kick in case anyone tries to fight him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU2V-2cV4rg

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It's Maker's third season and from the start there was always talk about him trying to gain weight and having to eat so much all the time. I get he's young and works out all the time, but it doesn't look like he's gained a pound from his first year in the League. I feel like the offseason plan for him should be to quit doing cardio altogether and do nothing but lift weights and eat. Do this until he's gained 30# and then you can talk about cardio and basketball drills. It's not outrageous for a dedicated weightlifter to gain 6-8 pounds of muscle in a month.

Thon is a PF trapped in a SF's body. He tries really hard and seems like he cares so fans tend to like him. He also has the worst hands of any professional basketball player I've ever seen.

His stats are elite when playing with Giannis this season which may or may not mean anything. (sample size)

Thon Maker is never going to be a Bob Lanier type of center. But to say he hasn't put on muscle since he came to Milwaukee just isn't true. Yea, I get he's still thin but it's not like he's Manute Bol. It's also not true that he doesn't mix it up, he's more than willing to be physical.

Finally, Maker and Wilson play different positions. Maker is a 5, Wilson is a 4. Which means Maker will at times be matched up against monster centers that are hard to handle in the post. Wilson doesn't play against those guys, or he would be destroyed in the post also.

Maker has his weaknesses, don't get me wrong. As wallus said, he has awful hands. That hurts his rebounding ability. But look at how many possessions he impacts on defense. Blocks, alters, tipping away passes, etc. Plus he's nimble enough to get out to defend 3s. You're just trying not to like him if you don't think he's a presence on defense.

I love Thon’s energy & stretch 5 abilities but he hasn’t developed as much as I hoped he would. Still have hope for him and some body types (such as KG & Durant) just can’t pack on weight. They feed him 6-7k of calories a day & he still doesn’t add much. Genetics play giant role beyond weights & calories. He is a 7’0 ectomorph... 6 foot ectomorphs struggle to gain weight & body build.... add an extra foot to that

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Thon is Tony Snell stuck in a seven foot body.

In fact, I often confuse the two out there until I notice the height difference. Their skin tone is very similar, but both also have very long arms with sharp bony elbows that go everywhere when then run around. Hair cut is even similar (from a TV viewer perspective).

Almost half way through the season, the Bucks currently have the best record in the NBA.

First time since 70/71 they'll have the best record in the league going into the new year.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I finally went to a game at the new arena on Saturday. Really puts the BC to shame. Great, great place to watch basketball.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Really puts the BC to shame.

Which is a really, really low bar... that place was like a poorly lit warehouse. I fully expected an axe murderer to jump out at some point...

But its nice to hear that FF is a great place to see a game. Hopefully I'll see one there at some point.

Really puts the BC to shame.

Which is a really, really low bar... that place was like a poorly lit warehouse. I fully expected an axe murderer to jump out at some point...

But its nice to hear that FF is a great place to see a game. Hopefully I'll see one there at some point.

The BC locker rooms were even worse. The hall heading into them felt like I was in the boiler room with Freddy Krueger.

Archived