Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When are the Bucks going to admit that DJ (clownhair) Wilson was possibly their worst draft choice ever, and cut bait...

Joe Alexander was worse because he was the higher draft pick and Wilson will probably have the same fate as Alexander. A salary filler for a bench piece from a rebuilding team and the rebuilding team might hope that he turns into a decent bench player, realize he can't play basketball and just let him go to China to play.

Call against Mudiay when it wasn't a foul, and then a no-call on Bledsoe's drive when it was.

But all-in-all the Bucks have a way of letting off the gas when they're leading to start the 4th. They start jacking up 3s without really setting up an offensive set.

Lopez missing that first free throw with 2.7 seconds left didn't help matters...

Middleton getting benched didn't help matters either. Can't say whether that was a good/bad thing long term, but it was certainly unusual. Rumors are Middleton wants a max deal, so could be reading too much into it but something may be going on with him. Who knows, maybe a blockbuster trade coming soon.

Not sure why you'd trade Middleton when the team is the second-best team in the East.

I could see the Lakers targeting Middleton if they can't get Kawai. A lot of other really good FAs out there next year, but they're all a lot more ball-dominant, which probably wouldn't work with LeBron.

Kawai would be interesting to have in Milwaukee if Middleton and Bledsoe leave. I mean, if you're a guy who just wants to play ball and doesn't like all the drama and media attention, Milwaukee would be perfect.

Not sure why you'd trade Middleton when the team is the second-best team in the East.

I could see the Lakers targeting Middleton if they can't get Kawai. A lot of other really good FAs out there next year, but they're all a lot more ball-dominant, which probably wouldn't work with LeBron.

Kawai would be interesting to have in Milwaukee if Middleton and Bledsoe leave. I mean, if you're a guy who just wants to play ball and doesn't like all the drama and media attention, Milwaukee would be perfect.

Why? Because he's a FA at the end of the season, and if they know they're not going to be able to re-sign him why let him go for nothing? Lakers make no sense though, as they're not going to compete this year.

The cap is projected at 109M next season, the Bucks are at 86M if both Bledsoe and Middleton leave. They couldn't sign a Max FA at all.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Why? Because he's a FA at the end of the season, and if they know they're not going to be able to re-sign him why let him go for nothing? Lakers make no sense though, as they're not going to compete this year.

I wasn't thinking as a Lakers pickup this current season, but picking up Middleton as a FA in the offseason.

The Bucks have the second-best record. When you're doing that well why would you trade your second-best player mid-season? The Bucks have a realistic chance at making the Finals this season.

The cap is projected at 109M next season, the Bucks are at 86M if both Bledsoe and Middleton leave. They couldn't sign a Max FA at all.

Ah, you're right. The NBA salary cap stuff can be odd. Small article from Bleacher Report noted that to keep the status quo next year, the Bucks are really going to have to dip into the Luxury Tax threshold. I wonder if the owners will be willing to do that.

Looks like the NBA could be reaching out to the Bucks in regards to Giannis stating that he is going to punch Hezonja in the groin next time if he steps over him. This is in regards to Hezonja stepping over Giannis on Saturday after Giannis tried to block his dunk and fell to the court.

When asked about it two days later, Giannis said “What I said, I meant it. I’m a person that I don’t take words back.” He went on to say it was about pride, but that he also needs to word stuff better.

I’ve always thought that stepping over players was a little much. If you want to stare them down after a dunk, fine. But for me, stepping over them crosses a line. Good for Giannis for taking exception to it and standing by what he said.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
John Wall for Middleton speculation gone wild on social media...ain't gonna happen but gets the juices going a little bit anyway.

That doesn't make any sense other than the fact that they both missed games due to personal reasons (Wall was due to birth of a child). People will reach for any rumor they can get their hands on I guess.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think it's fair for fans to speculate about a Middleton trade. He's a FA after this season, and apparently expecting a max contract. Bucks can't and shouldn't offer that. Then he gets benched, now he misses a game for some vague reason.

Wall doesn't make much sense, but anything is possible I guess. Beal would be great. But there's plenty of others that would make sense, should be interesting.

Am I crazy, or could this year be the best chance the Bucks have to win it all? Doesn't seem to be a dominant Warriors team this year, Toronto has been playing great though. Thing is, how can they possibly replace Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon, Lopez with similar talent and cap number the next couple seasons? Just seems like this may be the best they're going to be for the next few years.

It's really a tough call with Middleton because we have seen on countless occasions how good they can be when he's playing hard and playing well, and he's a perfect complement to Giannis in so many ways. They're consistently much better with him on the court than without, and it's partly due to the gravity created by his shooting. In fact, he often has better adjusted on/off stats than Giannis, though on/off stats sometimes reward being an ideal x-factor more than being a better player.

It's all a moot point if he won't stay in shape and play hard on a regular basis though. That next contract is a little scary. It's just amazing that he would continue to pull this b.s. when they have such a great opportunity this year. I mean, I don't like it when players like Redd do this on a bad team, but it did have a certain logic to it because they had no chance to compete. I just thought being part of a potential finals team would shake a guy out of those doldrums. Rumor has it he smokes a lot of dope, and you can tell by just watching him that he can be extremely lethargic, which calls his conditioning into question. He also has gained a fair amount of weight since getting his current contract. It can be hard to see on a guy with such a tall, slender frame, but it's definitely an issue. You can see it by his effort and lack of tone.

It's just so frustrating because all it would take is being in better shape and having better habits. It's not like Jabari, where conditioning and effort were just one of many significant problems including instincts, fit, and injury.

It's also hard to find a trade partner. I mean, who's trading for him as a possible rental except other contenders, and what are they going to give up that helps you remain a borderline contender this year? I think they ride it out and try to make the finals this year, unless a Beal/Lillard opportunity comes along... but why would their teams want to rent Khris if they were trading away their best players in the first place? You'd definitely have to include Brogdon to get either one of those guys. His restricted free agent status and low cap hold make him very appealing, but then again he's perfect for the Bucks too.

The Bucks need to make some trades to clear salary. Beal would be ideal but it would probably include Brodgon, Middleton and more.

Henson and Delly 1st and 2nd round traded for George Hill. How's that for clearing up salary! Hill has a dead cap of 1 million next year (18 million if the keep him) according to Spotrac. It sucks giving up the picks, but you have to give up assets in order to remove worthless contracts. I personally love this trade because Hill will be great for this team this year.

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Following Following @wojespn

More Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Milwaukee is sending Dellavedova, John Henson and a first-round and future second-round pick to Cavs for George Hill, league source tells ESPN.Adrian Wojnarowski

4:46 PM - 7 Dec 2018

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Also got Dekker back.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA

FWIW, today is the last day NBA teams can acquire a player then combine his contract with another contract in a trade before the deadline (February 7). This means that the Bucks could, on February 7, use Hill in a larger trade. They maximize flexibility by making the trade today.

5:14 PM - 7 Dec 2018

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA

FWIW, today is the last day NBA teams can acquire a player then combine his contract with another contract in a trade before the deadline (February 7). This means that the Bucks could, on February 7, use Hill in a larger trade. They maximize flexibility by making the trade today.

5:14 PM - 7 Dec 2018

Man, I will never be able to understand all the trade and salary cap rules.

Well dekkers bucks tenure was short lived, but at least he was undefeated. Wizards now added to the trade and getting dekker. Bucks get jason smith and a future second.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

The Bucks need to make some trades to clear salary. Beal would be ideal but it would probably include Brodgon, Middleton and more.

Henson and Delly 1st and 2nd round traded for George Hill. How's that for clearing up salary! Hill has a dead cap of 1 million next year (18 million if the keep him) according to Spotrac. It sucks giving up the picks, but you have to give up assets in order to remove worthless contracts. I personally love this trade because Hill will be great for this team this year.

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Following Following @wojespn

More Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Milwaukee is sending Dellavedova, John Henson and a first-round and future second-round pick to Cavs for George Hill, league source tells ESPN.Adrian Wojnarowski

4:46 PM - 7 Dec 2018

The Bucks need a trade to acquire another star. Beal would be ideal but it would probably include Brodgon, Middleton and more.

Archived