Brewer Fanatic

Brewers History In Pictures 1970-2017

conklinwj

BREWER FANS

I am putting together a digital photo history of the Brewers.....every player…..1970 through 2017.

The only photos of players in their Brewer uniforms that I’m missing are listed below.

If you can help, please contact me at conklinwj@aol.com.

Again, I’m only looking for digital photos (e.g., JPEGs) that can be emailed. Willing to trade and help you with your photo collection.

If you are interested in my complete Brewer Photo History CD, please contact me at above email address.

Bill

1970 Wayne Twitchell

1972 Archie Reynolds, Joe Azcue, Ron Clark

1980 Fred Holdsworth

1995 Mike Thomas, Joe Slusarski

1996 Terry Burrows

1997 Greg Hansell

1998 Travis Smith

1999 Carl Dale

2000 Chris Jones

2001 Mark Leiter

I am embarrassed to say that I have zero recollection of Terry Burrows existing. Everyone else who played on that list after I was born I at least have heard of. Sorry Terry.

Kudos for remembering Mike Thomas, and Carl Dale I had no recollection of them. did remember Burrows as a lefty reliever however.

On the other hand, Wayne Twitchell had a pretty extensive career primarily as a starter for the Phillies teams of the 70's. Joe Azcue was an All Star with the Indians in 1968 and had spent some time with the Milwaukee Braves organization. He was done when he got to the Brewers though he was only 32. Ron Clark was a utility guy with several organization. "If I had to bet, I doubt there's any pics of these guys in Brewer uniforms.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Have you reached out to Brewers communications dept?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Shocked that you were able to locate a picture of 1992 Brewer Neal Heaton in a Milwaukee uniform. One game appearance. Cool project idea, may I ask what you want to do with it?

Also, I think I remember the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel having some pics of Mark Leiter back in 2001. He did play a decent amount of games with the club that year.

In the past the Brewers never saved that kind of stuff. Just look at the 1994 Miller Lite giveaway set to see the crappy photos of some of the obscure players. I know Azcue and Holdsworth answer their mail. You could ask them if they have any extra photos. I have some 70’s spring training photos that may contain some of these players. I’ll have to check.

Archived