Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-16: Brewers (Woodruff) at Diamondbacks (Koch) 2:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-2]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

HlrlJJz.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Diamondbacks Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. David Peralta (L) LF

2. Christian Yelich (L) LF 2. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 3. Daniel Descalso (L) 3B

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Paul Goldschmidt ® 1B

5. Domingo Santana ® RF 5. Steven Souza Jr. ® RF

6. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 6. Ketel Marte (S) 2B

7. Tyler Saladino ® SS 7. Alex Avila (L) C

8. Jett Bandy ® C 8. Nick Ahmed ® SS

9. Brandon Woodruff (L) P 9. Matt Koch (L) P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Braun isn't going to play today or isn't available, just 10-Day DL him and get another OF up here so we don't have to see Bandy take another meaningful at-bat.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If Braun isn't going to play today or isn't available, just 10-Day DL him and get another OF up here so we don't have to see Bandy take another meaningful at-bat.

we need his DH bat against Minny

Ah I missed that in the schedule in the discussion yesterday on DLing Braun now to let him reset. Good guess that the DH coming is definitely a factor in not doing it.

we need his DH bat against Minny

Ah I missed that in the schedule in the discussion yesterday on DLing Braun now to let him reset. Good guess that the DH coming is definitely a factor in not doing it.

Yes, good point. It changes my opinion on it. If he's iffy today but they think he will be ready for the weekend, then fine don't DL him. If he can't even DH this weekend, he better hit the DL.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I really hope that's not the reason. We don't need Braun's .268 OBP in the lineup that badly in Minnesota to go an entire man down the entire Arizona series when any of Choi, Phillips or Broxton could come up and help and be available the entire time. If he's not healthy enough to play, he should be on the DL. As bad as he has looked lately you would think it would be preferable to see if he looks any better after 10 days off than just plug him right back in.

They can go with Aguilar at 1st, Santana in RF and Choi at DH, or Perez in the OF and Santana at DH.

Verified Member

Woodruff with a good game today hopefully

Braun has his moments but just can't stay healthy to be counted on much. It is what it is unfortunately. That contract and the clause makes it difficult for Stearns to move him.

I'd like to see Choi up. He might give the team an offensive boost.

I really hope that's not the reason. We don't need Braun's .268 OBP in the lineup that badly in Minnesota to go an entire man down the entire Arizona series when any of Choi, Phillips or Broxton could come up and help and be available the entire time. If he's not healthy enough to play, he should be on the DL. As bad as he has looked lately you would think it would be preferable to see if he looks any better after 10 days off than just plug him right back in.

They can go with Aguilar at 1st, Santana in RF and Choi at DH, or Perez in the OF and Santana at DH.

Knowing the off day though coming too though. Think of it this way, Monday was a late scratch so they didn't know it going in. So at that point you only have two games left then an off day. So if it's so minor that you think he'll be good by Friday then you might as well do what they did. Have Phillips in MN on Friday so if at that point Braun's not ready you do the DL. In those DH games I know I'd rather have him and his 268 obp over Perez and his 268 obp. I'd guess Phillips is the callup so that would be the other option. Still going Braun there if he's ok. If he's playing and being hampered though, I'd rather just DL it too. Basically, if you think he's fine by Friday it wouldn't make sense to DL him to give up 7 games (3 DH when he's more needed) just for those two games.

Waiting for one more game isn't a big deal as the other two have passed. Aguilar is already beginning his trend backward. It won't be much longer now and his numbers will really reflect what he is. Santana still isn't hitting with any authority. I am good with them holding out to see if Braun will be ready for the weekend. We will disagree I'm sure, but this team needs Braun to figure it out and become steady again. It may be essential for this offense help this team be a contender.

Waiting for one more game isn't a big deal as the other two have passed. Aguilar is already beginning his trend backward. It won't be much longer now and his numbers will really reflect what he is. Santana still isn't hitting with any authority. I am good with them holding out to see if Braun will be ready for the weekend. We will disagree I'm sure, but this team needs Braun to figure it out and become steady again. It may be essential for this offense help this team be a contender.

What they really need is for Thames to get back into this lineup, giving a better 1B platoon option and providing more LH power with a good approach at the plate - regardless of whether the RH side is Aguilar or Braun.

What they really need is for Thames to get back into this lineup, giving a better 1B platoon option and providing more LH power with a good approach at the plate - regardless of whether the RH side is Aguilar or Braun.

Thames is definitely missed but he's hurt for a while. So that isn't changing.

We will disagree I'm sure, but this team needs Braun to figure it out and become steady again. It may be essential for this offense help this team be a contender.

Well CC didn't make adjustments when Sogard was absolute crap, so I doubt he makes the necessary adjustments with Braun, but the best we can hope for is dropping Braun in the order. I would go with the following this weekend:

1) Santana

2) Yelich

3) Cain

4) Shaw

5) Aguilar

6) Braun

7) Villar

8) Pina

9) Arcia

switching Cain and Yelich to split the LH bats from the current order. Santana hasn't been consistent with the ISO, but he still gets on base at a good rate and would be a table setter for Yelich and Cain. There might be some inclination for Pitchers to pitch around Braun, which is fine if he continues to swing at crap then so what, but it might also help him take a walk. At this point I'd like to see Choi up instead with a Braun DL move, but I expect the Brewers to stand pat and hope for a different result. Thankfully the pitching staff is carrying the team.

No Braun again

Saladino at SS and Bandy catching.

If Pérez and Braun are unavailable again then Pérez needs to be DL. He’s very replaceable for 10 days.

Jeffress was also unavailable yesterday due to a stiff neck, hopefully he can go today if needed.

If you would have told me when the season started that we would be willingly giving Tyler Saladino a start at shortstop in May ... I would have slumped in despair in my seat. But alas..

Here's to 1st place.

Even worse, after 40 some games, Saladino and Santana each have the same number of home runs.

Archived