Brewer Fanatic

Robinson Cano suspended 80 games for PED use

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be a while before we see him. Isn't he on the DL for a broken hand. the suspension can't take effect until he comes off the DL correct?

Reports I saw said it will be effective immediately. It's somewhat fortunate, but again he'll be without pay during the suspension.

Not surprised about Cano really.

Seattle should be contacted to see if they'd like Braun to go with Cano and Dee Gordon.... smh.

And Cruz's name has shown up in a few reports with no suspension.

Yea forgot they still had him too... Yikes... :embarrassed

It will be a while before we see him. Isn't he on the DL for a broken hand. the suspension can't take effect until he comes off the DL correct?

Reports I saw said it will be effective immediately. It's somewhat fortunate, but again he'll be without pay during the suspension.

CBS sports says he can't serve suspension until he's healthy. It works that way in the NBA too.

CBS sports says he can't serve suspension until he's healthy. It works that way in the NBA too.

Here's what I saw. This is all happening fast, I'm sure we'll figure out soon enough a unanimous verdict on when the suspension starts

Really wouldn't surprise me if this was an accident. I mean, he's already got his money locked up. On track to make HOF if he plays another 4-5 years as he would get to 3000 hits. He'd have to be an idiot to take this on purpose or knowingly. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if he's been doing it to stay healthy for years either.

Really wouldn't surprise me if this was an accident. I mean, he's already got his money locked up. On track to make HOF if he plays another 4-5 years as he would get to 3000 hits. He'd have to be an idiot to take this on purpose or knowingly. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if he's been doing it to stay healthy for years either.

The guys who juice don't look at it that way. They are used to being a great player, and want to continue being great as long as possible.

The guys who juice don't look at it that way. They are used to being a great player, and want to continue being great as long as possible.

Sure, that's probably true too especially if he's been getting by with it just fine for years. But I'm sure some people do just mess up and not know. Of course basically they all say it was an accident, just saying that chances are at least some % of them did just screw up out of ignorance and not being careful. Might be a very small percent, but it's probably not 0.

I think this is what Pujols did. He got that mega deal and quit doing what he was doing since he had his money locked up now and his HOF and all time great status was cemented. Basically fell off a cliff since then. Of course it's just pure speculation but I'd have my money on him being a past user if I had to pick a side. I think the only thing ever to get out on him was a former trainer who said he was.

That’s a bummer. Has such a sweet stroke from the left side.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cano has been juicing a good chunk of his career. Either way, it's not a hard narrative to follow. Getting older, trying to recapture his glory days and cement HOF status...maybe even trying to help the Mariners make a WS run, potentially knew the process on how to beat the system from when he was younger pre-contract...only this time around he got caught.

Plus, factor in the requirement of an IPA to rule that the diuretic was used to mask a PED...I don't believe Cano for a second. Verlander has it right here...

I wouldn't be surprised if Cano has been juicing a good chunk of his career. Either way, it's not a hard narrative to follow. Getting older, trying to recapture his glory days and cement HOF status...maybe even trying to help the Mariners make a WS run, potentially knew the process on how to beat the system from when he was younger pre-contract...only this time around he got caught.

Plus, factor in the requirement of an IPA to rule that the diuretic was used to mask a PED...I don't believe Cano for a second. Verlander has it right here...

Yea, any player who gets caught I wouldn't at all be surprised if they did it off and on for many, many years. It's Hakim's Razor.

I have nothing to base this on, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that over half of the league is using something. I suppose that's part of why I don't really care about these reports.

15 years ago, I would buy this 1000%. These days I don't think so. I'm sure a signficant number of players skate the system, but for me a significant number is maybe 3-5% at most. That still would be 30-50 guys that make an mlb appearance that are cheating.

I continue to believe that at least half of MLB is on one sort of PED or another. It is big business. The hypocrisy is crazy. Just my opinion, no inside info or anything
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived