Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-15: Brewers (Chacín) at Diamondbacks (Greinke) 8:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

Eye Black

9th... guys waiting to be walked. Frustrating. Passed some great location fbs ahead in the count.

Crazy that Chacin Guerra are comfortably sub 4 now. Saw chacin near 4 but 3.6... guerra has been stunning. Blah davies and anderson... no nelson and we are losing 2-1 to AZ.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 for 19 with a walk from our top five doesn’t cut it. Greinke got a larger plate but these guys just need to do better.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This loss can be placed on many. The offense only scores one run, two looking K’s in the 9th but I just don’t get some of the managerial moves that were made. Bandy pitch hitting!? The use of Williams, Logan, and Lopez in the 8th. You could argue that CC went with three of his poorest relievers during that inning. Why not use Albers, who was up and ready in the 7th, or JJ, who’s been lights out, or even Knebel. I just don’t get it.

Definitely some bullpen moves to question, but it would also be nice to score more than once...

not sure about that. Logan been a complete failure for 2 years now but what other lefties do we have since hader isnt available? Give credit to Arizona and also realize some guys in our pen arent the best. At least we got $100,000 for drake.

Tough to waste Chacin's performance as the final matchup tomorrow definitely favors Arizona. But maybe Woodruff will surprise us.

I wouldnt count on it.

But with Anderson out and Sutter in the pen there isnt anyone else. Thankfully, Peralta gave us a great game.

With nelson, anderson, thames, braun out we are still in 1st place.

Worst managed game in a long time. Bandy leading off to PH? Williams to pitch the 8th of a 1-1 tie when Albers, Jennings, Jeffress and Knebel were all available? The leadoff walk was the ballgame and not surprising since he had 9 walks in 14 innings going in.

Community Moderator
In his postgame press conference last night Counsell said Bandy pinch hit because both Braun and Hernán Pérez (wrist injury) were unavailable. He also said Jeremy Jeffress was unavailable with a stiff neck. Called those guys day-to-day. Trying to get through games with a limited bench has seemed like a theme this season.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
In his postgame press conference last night Counsell said Bandy pinch hit because both Braun and Hernán Pérez (wrist injury) were unavailable. He also said Jeremy Jeffress was unavailable with a stiff neck. Called those guys day-to-day. Trying to get through games with a limited bench has seemed like a theme this season.

This team's inability to effectively use the 10-day DL is frustrating. If any of those guys go on the DL within the next couple days, it's going to be even more frustrating.

In his postgame press conference last night Counsell said Bandy pinch hit because both Braun and Hernán Pérez (wrist injury) were unavailable.

Ugh, this annoys the crap out of me - Braun's missed the last two games and looked awful at the plate on Sunday. Put him on the 10 day DL and get a bat that can at least pH up here (Choi)

When you're playing with a roster that's so handcuffed your best pH option is a backup catcher that has no business on the MLB roster, moves need to be made. Probably won't happen since today's game is an earlier start and they have an off day thursday - being the Brewers, my guess is they'll retroactively put Braun on the 10day DL before Saturday's game so they can waste two more games of him being on the active gameday roster yet unavailable.

Braun should have been on the DL the same day he got scratched or day after to give someone else enough time to come up. He's constantly day to day with something or only available to PH and been hitting like garbage anyway, at this point he could use 10 days off.

Amazing that this team which seems to flawlessly manage everything else cannot manage the 10 day DL.

Braun should have been on the DL the same day he got scratched or day after to give someone else enough time to come up. He's constantly day to day with something or only available to PH and been hitting like garbage anyway, at this point he could use 10 days off.

Amazing that this team which seems to flawlessly manage everything else cannot manage the 10 day DL.

That and letting the pitcher hit only to pull him a few outs later. Don't understand why Counsell and the front office have such ridiculous mental blocks in those two things because they're pretty good otherwise.

That and letting the pitcher hit only to pull him a few outs later. Don't understand why Counsell and the front office have such ridiculous mental blocks in those two things because they're pretty good otherwise.

i didnt understand that one either but when he pulled shaw out, that depleted his ph options later. Shaw should have been on 2nd but the pinch runner wasnt much faster than shaw anyways.

This team is young and soft. Other teams have had many of their starters play 39 of 40 games. Our manager gives planned days off like we have good fill in's or a deep bench. I get giving braun time off, i think we should move him. He lost his passion after his back surgery and just isnt healthy enough at this level at his age. An American League team could use him at DH.

I get giving braun time off, i think we should move him. He lost his passion after his back surgery and just isnt healthy enough at this level at his age. An American League team could use him at DH.

We are well past the point of this being an opportunity for us. Braun's salary alone makes a trade difficult as no one is paying $18-20M a year for Braun at this point.

Add in his no trade clause and interest only in the Dodgers and we are stuck with him through 2020.

I saw that about Braun/Perez. Honestly it's a bit maddening that Braun wasn't DL'd. Perez I can understand as our middle infield depth in the minors is a bit thin, and clearly Perez was available to run and probably play defense. Braun is just stupid, especially since Perez was already hurt and we shouldn't be 2 men down on the bench. We could have had Choi or Phillips PH in that spot over Bandy...or heck we could have had Saladino over Bandy. I'm not entirely sure Bandy could get a hit if the ball was literally put on a tee for him.

An solid AAAA guy at 100% is generally going to be better than a first division regular at 80%...which is what I suspect the situation is with Braun and has been the last few days. The last few years, his poor at bats have come when he's not been right and been trying to play through stuff. 10 day DL, let him get closer to 100%, maybe he'll have some better atbats.

Why can't only our best players play every day!

because Counsel gives them planned scheduled days off.

Shaw was on fire in Colorado as he came out of a slump so when the reporter asked Counsel why he pulled Shaw out of the lineup, Counsel said it was his scheduled day off as if it was in stone.

Dunno but one possibility is that the union contract has some floater holidays in there and if thats the case then Shaw must have put in for the day off.

I saw that about Braun/Perez. Honestly it's a bit maddening that Braun wasn't DL'd. Perez I can understand as our middle infield depth in the minors is a bit thin, and clearly Perez was available to run and probably play defense. Braun is just stupid, especially since Perez was already hurt and we shouldn't be 2 men down on the bench. We could have had Choi or Phillips PH in that spot over Bandy...or heck we could have had Saladino over Bandy. I'm not entirely sure Bandy could get a hit if the ball was literally put on a tee for him.

An solid AAAA guy at 100% is generally going to be better than a first division regular at 80%...which is what I suspect the situation is with Braun and has been the last few days. The last few years, his poor at bats have come when he's not been right and been trying to play through stuff. 10 day DL, let him get closer to 100%, maybe he'll have some better atbats.

I suspect we are keeping Braun off the DL because we can use his DH bat against Minny on Friday.

Archived