Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-14: Brewers (Guerra) at Diamondbacks (Corbin) 8:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2]

TooLiveBrew
Nice AB for Santana to put it in play with 2 strikes.

Yes, I’ll take that every time in that situation.

An utterly terrible first two swings to not put the ball in play.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well hernan perez doesnt have to have a .330 OBP. We shd have six guys that do that its alot better than sogard at .118.

.i think villar shd be playing everyday but obviously he has been demoted for some odd reason. its great to have such fantastic depth on this team to go along with the great pitching

Yes, Sogard was/is terrible. That doesn’t mean we should settle for Perez and his .280 OBP at best. He’s a fine bench guy and can get you through an injury but starting 2B he should not be.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Heat up ole boy. Heat up!!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Braun is a sunk cost. At this point the Brewers have more to gain by not playing him than simply saying "we're paying him, so we may as well play him."

The guy isn't "our best hitter when healthy", he's not even one of the five best hitters on this team anymore.

Braun is a sunk cost. At this point the Brewers have more to gain by not playing him than simply saying "we're paying him, so we may as well play him."

The guy isn't "our best hitter when healthy", he's not even one of the five best hitters on this team anymore.

Advanced data says hold off on this hot take. But you have a right to your opinion.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Advanced data says hold off on this hot take. But you have a right to your opinion.

At some point, results matter. Dude looks lost at the plate. I don't care about "exit velocity". Cool, he's hitting some hard foul balls and fly outs. He's OBP-ing about .270 and hitting 3rd, and playing every day that he doesn't have a stubbed toe or a tweaked hammy, and making outs 75% of the time in the 3 spot.

[sarcasm]0-5 from Aguilar tonight. Man that guys a turd.[/sarcasm]

Archived