Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-14: Brewers (Guerra) at Diamondbacks (Corbin) 8:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-2]

TooLiveBrew
whats with all the hate for perez. he is up to.265. are we demanding he hit .300 as a utility player...lol

Because it is 2018 and batting average isn't too useful of a stat by itself.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it’s still too early for the Cubs to be overly concerned about their rotation, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t at least enjoy seeing some doubt starting to set in...

@BleacherNation[/url]"]So, how are we feeling tonight, Cubs fans?

Me? I feel pretty chill about the loss, but I think the concerns about Quintana - underscored in today’s game - are going to be tougher to just shake off.

Velo drop + loss of command through 6+ weeks is unsettling.

@BleacherNation[/url]"]Combined w/real concerns about Lester’s peripherals and Darvish’s loss of command & movement (so far), and there are legit reasons to be worried about the rotation.

It’s far from *panic* situation - these are good, established pitchers who can adjust - but concern is warranted.

Just made a separate post touching on this in another thread...if it weren't for the Brewers both Darvish's and Quintana's statlines would be absolutely brutal. Specific to Quintana - the Cubs are going to regret sending Jimenez to the South Side in that trade.

Sure, there's time for the pitching statlines to start matching up better with the names on the back of those jerseys - but there are definitely concerns and they have yet to really deal with a significant injury or two in that rotation which will inevitably happen and expose their lack of depth...hopefully in the midst of a long stretch of games without off days due to all their early season rainouts. Today was supposed to be an offday for them, instead they got beat by a sneaky good Braves squad with a ton of young talent on it.

well hernan perez doesnt have to have a .330 OBP. We shd have six guys that do that its alot better than sogard at .118.

.i think villar shd be playing everyday but obviously he has been demoted for some odd reason. its great to have such fantastic depth on this team to go along with the great pitching

Archived