Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-13: Brewers (Peralta) at Rockies (Gray) 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-3; Freddy Peralta Dominates in MLB Debut -- 5.2 IP, 13 K’s, 1 H, 0 ER]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

FF = fastball

SL = slider

CU = curve

SwStr = swinging strikes

BIP = balls in play

Exit Velocity = how hard the ball was put in play

I think the rest is self explanatory

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Not sure why the readings are so different, but BrooksBaseball.net’s PITCHf/x page for Freddy Peralta says he topped 96-mph on 4 occasions today. Below is his the chart of his velocity by pitch.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/cache/speed.php-pitchSel=642547&game=gid_2018_05_13_milmlb_colmlb_1&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=&league=mlb&pnf=&zlpo=&cache=1.gif

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Yuck, all this pink looks terrible. I don't care what it's for. Please ditch it for good.

I don't mind the light pink but the bright pink is hard on the eyes. :tongue

It's too bad that in 25 years, when Freddy sees video and photos from his first start, they will be tainted by all that pink.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Freddy Peralta just made a positive return on the Adam Lind trade (granted, even without pitching a 0 WAR was a positive return based on Lind's -0.3 WAR for Seattle.

Next lottery ticket, please!

A lot of people absolutely hated that trade

I certainly remember these reactions when the trade was announced --- viewtopic.php?f=63&t=33547&start=40&p=966788&view=show#p966788

A lot of people absolutely hated that trade

I certainly remember these reactions when the trade was announced --- viewtopic.php?f=63&t=33547&start=40&p=966788&view=show#p966788

You mean the same people that are negative about almost every move hated this one? Shocking.

I had also forgotten that the Lind trade was David Stearns' first-ever Brewers trade. Peralta's one start so far doesn't mean much, but this trade could wind up being a steal in the long run - and we still have Herrera in A ball, and haven't even seen Missaki yet.

Dang, the reactions to that trade are hard to read. A lot of people sure do know a lot about scouting, etc around here. Glad Stearns is in charge ;)

I'm not above bragging...

3 young talented pitching prospects for 1 season of a good MLB 1B who is often injured and needs to be platooned?! This was a great trade

Very very good to continue rebuilding the farm with young pitching.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=33547&start=60

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

reading through that Lind trade thread just made me laugh! Some "highlights" from across a wide net of posts...

won't know about any impact on this trade at the MLB level until at least 2022...

could have just traded Suter for them...

maybe it frees up payroll to go out and get Fielder or sign Chris Davis to fill that gaping 1B hole...

that’s a package they should’ve traded Gennett or Segura for…

missing the glory years of Doug Melvin…

best trade of Melvin’s tenure was Gallardo because they got Sardinas back…(keep in mind this came soon after the Gomez trade)

reading through that Lind trade thread just made me laugh! Some "highlights" from across a wide net of posts...

won't know about any impact on this trade at the MLB level until at least 2022...

could have just traded Suter for them...

maybe it frees up payroll to go out and get Fielder or sign Chris Davis to fill that gaping 1B hole...

that’s a package they should’ve traded Gennett or Segura for…

missing the glory years of Doug Melvin…

best trade of Melvin’s tenure was Gallardo because they got Sardinas back…(keep in mind this came soon after the Gomez trade)

That thread was pure gold!

Archived