Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-13: Brewers (Peralta) at Rockies (Gray) 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-3; Freddy Peralta Dominates in MLB Debut -- 5.2 IP, 13 K’s, 1 H, 0 ER]

Eye Black
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow does time fly. It doesn’t seem that long ago when I listened to Woodard’s debut gem on the radio and it’s near 21 years ago. Anyone else remember the sickening gut feeling that Fetters was gonna blow it in the 9th or was that just me?

Starting to hate this team. (Obviously I'm coming from a place of disappoinment so I don't need to hear "well then don't watch")

Unbelievably irritating watching offensive ineptitude.

You're entitled to your frustration. But when they're about to win 3 out of 4 in Colorado it just comes across a bit silly.

Wow does time fly. It doesn’t seem that long ago when I listened to Woodard’s debut gem on the radio and it’s near 21 years ago. Anyone else remember the sickening gut feeling that Fetters was gonna blow it in the 9th or was that just me?

Ditto. Come home from school and listened to it and was on pins and needles that Fetters would close it. Can’t believe it was that long ago!!

Starting to hate this team. (Obviously I'm coming from a place of disappoinment so I don't need to hear "well then don't watch")

You're entitled to your frustration. But when they're about to win 3 out of 4 in Colorado it just comes across a bit silly.

I put a pretty clear disclaimer it was a knee jerk reaction and also posted I was wrong after the fact. Also was in first inning coming after yet another shutout.

But thanks for keeping track of my post for a few hours.

Did Sophia just break news without realizing it? She said Chacin is on the DL....

I’m guessing she meant Miley since they mentioned three starting pitchers on the DL with Chacin and Guerra as the two healthy ones.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Freddy Peralta just made a positive return on the Adam Lind trade (granted, even without pitching a 0 WAR was a positive return based on Lind's -0.3 WAR for Seattle.

Next lottery ticket, please!

Santana pushing Braun to the bench.....

If only. With Braun's contract, he's not going to see any less playing time. Not saying it's right, but that's how it works.

I hope he gets at least two “rest” days against AZ. At least let the hot bats keep going.

If only. With Braun's contract, he's not going to see any less playing time. Not saying it's right, but that's how it works.

I can dream right? :)

Perhaps he should get his vision checked though for real. Not sure if he has , but it just seems he doesn’t see the ball well at all anymore. When he does see it he hits it hard... not to make excuses for him... but just a thought

And I figured that was a Lepay thing but man... a break even pitch if anything would be a 2-2 pitch ... but if it’s already even how is it a break even... I’m nitpicking I know but ... it’s like Rock repeating something BA or Lepay just said like when Lepay said we got Peralta in the Lind trade then Rock says the exact same thing a min later ... lol

Im a little weird, but I consider 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 to be even since the amount remaining to the walk/strikeout result is the same.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Perhaps he should get his vision checked though for real. Not sure if he has , but it just seems he doesn’t see the ball well at all anymore. When he does see it he hits it hard... not to make excuses for him... but just a thought

You sound like Rock.

I put a pretty clear disclaimer it was a knee jerk reaction and also posted I was wrong after the fact. Also was in first inning coming after yet another shutout.

No problem. Maybe wait until after the 1st inning from now on before freaking out. Just a friendly suggestion.

And I figured that was a Lepay thing but man... a break even pitch if anything would be a 2-2 pitch ... but if it’s already even how is it a break even... I’m nitpicking I know but ... it’s like Rock repeating something BA or Lepay just said like when Lepay said we got Peralta in the Lind trade then Rock says the exact same thing a min later ... lol

Im a little weird, but I consider 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 to be even since the amount remaining to the walk/strikeout result is the same.

I hear you. I thought I was the only one who believed this.

Further true statements that make break even pitch at 1-1 even more annoying to me lol

You sound like Rock.

Oh lord that does sound Rockian....

Braun look what you’ve done to us....

Pending the outcome of a few games today, the Brewers could feasibly end the day with the 6th best record in all of baseball. "Starting to hate this team".

LOL

Freddy Peralta just made a positive return on the Adam Lind trade (granted, even without pitching a 0 WAR was a positive return based on Lind's -0.3 WAR for Seattle.

Next lottery ticket, please!

A lot of people absolutely hated that trade. Lot of time to see what comes of Peralta, but goes to show...in baseball, judging trades involving prospects is a fool’s errand until years later.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Community Moderator

Nice Adam McCalvy tweet here.

Peralta had 18 swinging strikes on his four-seam fastball, the most of any MLB pitcher this season not named James Paxton (who throws his fastball in the high 90s).

Peralta threw 90 fastballs total, which ranged from 86.8-mph to 94.8-mph.

DdG52-0X0AAifNk?format=jpg&name=medium

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived