Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-12: Brewers (Suter) at Rockies (Freeland) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-0; Anderson a late scratch (illness)]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

HkOT4uZ.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Rockies Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. DJ LeMahieu ® 2B

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Charlie Blackmon (L) CF

3. Ryan Braun ® 1B 3. Nolan Arenado ® 3B

4. Jesús Aguilar ® 3B 4. Carlos González (L) RF

5. Domingo Santana ® RF 5. Trevor Story ® SS

6. Hernán Pérez ® 2B 6. Gerardo Parra (L) LF

7. Orlando Arcia ® SS 7. Ian Desmond ® 1B

8. Jett Bandy ® C 8. Chris Iannetta ® C

9. Brent Suter (L) P 9. Kyle Freeland (L) P

[/pre]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alec Asher was selected from Triple A, Wade Miley out 6-8 weeks and transferred to the 60 day DL. Jacob Barnes sent to Triple A to open a 25 man roster spot. This surprised me, but can’t say I’m disappointed at all that Barnes was sent down.

Colorado Springs is like an hour away. How is this not happening?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

#Brewers RHP Chase Anderson isn't sure if he has stomach bug or food poisoning but he had a rough night. I will spare you the details but he didn't get much sleep. Will see doctor at 5. Holding out hope can pitch tomorrow but quick turnaround to day game.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Hope Chase is okay. May not get a start until Arizona. He has had bad luck with illnesss this yearr.

I actually kind of like Aguilar at third once and in CO. Get his bat in there. If third base defense costs you a game in place where the ball flies and OF speed is probably the most important defensive factor, so be it. I mean, it might happen, but risk worth taking once IMO.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My god, they must hate Villar. Aguilar starting at 3rd tonight.

I hope he has to dive

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator

Sounds like Aguilar was as surprised as the rest of us...

@AdamMcCalvy[/url]"]Jesus Aguilar found out about his first career start at third base when Orlando Arcia arrived early, saw a lineup and called him. No advance notice. “Thank God,” Aguilar said. “If they told me last night, I wasn’t going to sleep.”
Not just “at Night” anymore.

@AdamMcCalvy[/url]"]Jesus Aguilar found out about his first career start at third base when Orlando Arcia arrived early, saw a lineup and called him. No advance notice. “Thank God,” Aguilar said. “If they told me last night, I wasn’t going to sleep.”

im sure that was a joke. Im sure they sat down with him and asked him if he could do it.

Love the nugget here that Arcia's getting in to work early. I still really believe he's going to put it together at the plate, & wind up being worth going through the current growing pains.

Love the nugget here that Arcia's getting in to work early. I still really believe he's going to put it together at the plate, & wind up being worth going through the current growing pains.

Maybe upon hearing that a "20 pounds heavier than Travis Shaw" Aguilar was starting at third base, he needed to come in early and work on his "push your teammate out of the way" drills.

Maybe upon hearing that a "20 pounds heavier than Travis Shaw" Aguilar was starting at third base, he needed to come in early and work on his "push your teammate out of the way" drills.

:laughing :laughing

:laughing :laughing

I want to see him play next to Beltre:

beltre-pissed-at-andrus.gif?w=1000

Archived