Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-10: Brewers (Chacín) at Rockies (Márquez) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha, true. I think it was Bush. Like he'd give up 0-2 hits in like 6 innings then it would just go boom for him

Reminds me of this game although not all Bush's fault

I just laughed about Joe Inglett... Man, would he still fit right in....

Have Inglett and Sogard ever been seen in the same room together?

Community Moderator
Counsell’s press conference answer about the 8th inning being the right set of hitters for Corey Knebel to face tonight gives me hope that the save is going to be rendered meaningless for the Brewers this year. In my opinion that is a freeing mindset allowing for a bullpen to operate with optimal matchup probability as the priority at all times.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Gees, Arcia. That was kinda bush. He needs to grow up.

Did you mean his throw or pushing Shaw? Throw was terrible, but Shaw was called off and needs to move

Pushing Shaw. Arcia doesn't need to call off a guy who is camped under the ball. It's not like Shaw was running for position, he literally was standing there waiting for the ball and Arcia just pushed him out of the way. Just because he made a stupid mistake doesn't mean he has to do a jerk move like that to redeem himself. If I was Shaw I'd have a couple four letter words for him.

IMO Arcia is a ball hog. Hey, Orlando - you aren't the only defender out there.

Verified Member
Arcia has done it before. He is a selfish defensive ballhog who thinks of his own statistics. Shaw lets him be but someone else might not. Arcia can't hit a lick and is a defensive ss and he knows it.

I’ll take a gold glove caliber SS who sees every ball as his any day.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I’ll take a gold glove caliber SS who sees every ball as his any day.

Reading some of the responses in this thread brings this quote to mind:

"Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth

Bring on the advanced stats hate, but JJ seems have a little extra swagger for us and I think the confidence helps him perform better.

Unlike last year, the advanced stats will even tell you that Jeffress has been very good this year. It is hard to find much of anything negative with JJ thus far.

Archived