Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-10: Brewers (Chacín) at Rockies (Márquez) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get its the new baseball and how were built etc... But I just disagree with the quick hooks. Chacin was throwing well, and most likely just being careful with Arenado and gets pulled for a guy who hasn't pitched in the majors this year.

I still would abide by the never let him loose philosophy there. A 5-2 game let him go till 2 on.

Perez getting the nod already paying dividends. Craig can wear the 0-4 with 2 Ks night coming as much as Hernan.

good call

Thanks. I already admitted earlier that Perez was making Craig look good tonight so I'm glad you broke your 8 day quiet spell to come post this 2 word gem.

Chacin was throwing well, and most likely just being careful with Arenado and gets pulled for a guy who hasn't pitched in the majors this year.

My exact thought. With no experience yet this season, he should not have been the guy in that situation. That had potential to be a mess quickly. I know there are those here who love CC and think the mangaer has little to no bearing on game results, but I am questioning CC a lot lately, and it is strating to bug me.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Great start by our loogy.

He gave up a weakly hit ground ball.

Be that as it may, he put it in a pretty bad spot for the count. Contact wasn't great but did the job, could have been worse.

Chacin was throwing well, and most likely just being careful with Arenado and gets pulled for a guy who hasn't pitched in the majors this year.

My exact thought. With no experience yet this season, he should not have been the guy in that situation. That had potential to be a mess quickly. I know there are those here who love CC and think the mangaer has little to no bearing on game results, but I am questioning CC a lot lately, and it is strating to bug me.

How are the historical stats on Chacin the 3rd time through? I'm guessing not good and that's why guys like him, Guerra, Suter are going to get quick hooks. Who was it years ago that you'd see it coming in the 6th or 7th inning that he was losing is but they'd ride it out with the old strategy and he'd give up a chunk of runs, Bush? Maybe Estrada?

Going with Logan there seemed like a weird call to me too. But I think he's been near perfect managing the pitching staff this season. Some managers would have thrown Knebel right back into the closer role and I'm glad he resisted the temptation.

How are the historical stats on Chacin the 3rd time through? I'm guessing not good and that's why guys like him, Guerra, Suter are going to get quick hooks. Who was it years ago that you'd see it coming in the 6th or 7th inning that he was losing is but they'd ride it out with the old strategy and he'd give up a chunk of runs, Bush? Maybe Estrada?

I think you're talking about 90% of the starting pitchers we've had since 1984.

Great start by our loogy.

He gave up a weakly hit ground ball.

Oh, so you agree that it was a great start. Awesome.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You don't leave him in to give up a chunk of runs, just 1 more base runner with a 3 run lead.

Archived