Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-10: Brewers (Chacín) at Rockies (Márquez) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

TooLiveBrew

Was it just me or did Yelich seem to gingerly cross 1st base on that infield single?

Edit: Might've just been my eyes.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hot take. Replay takes a lot of fun out of baseball. Rather they get some calls wrong and have some excitement.

Also takes out the fun of a good umpire - manager argument.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hot take. Replay takes a lot of fun out of baseball. Rather they get some calls wrong and have some excitement.

Have always felt this way on all sports. Replay is a buzzkill, and they still get it wrong quite often.

Is there something wrong with Braun? That is like the third time I have seen him lose his bat on a swing in like a week.

The ole 1-3-5 inning-ending double play.

It’s easy to feel this way in the 4th inning of a game in early May. Would not be so easy in the 9th inning of a tie playoff game that cost the Brewers a trip to the World Series.

It’s easy to feel this way in the 4th inning of a game in early May. Would not be so easy in the 9th inning of a tie playoff game that cost the Brewers a trip to the World Series.

And thus the story of the existence of instant replay. A bad call happens in a playoff game to the Yankees, therefore we must suck the excitement out of all games in case it might happen again 130 games from now.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Packers got over it when Jerry Rice fumbled in the '98 playoffs.

And thus the story of the existence of instant replay. A bad call happens in a playoff game to the Yankees, therefore we must suck the excitement out of all games in case it might happen again 130 games from now.

It has nothing to do with the Yankees, look at any major sport and how much replay has evolved in the sport the last 20 years or so. Baseball was really one of the very last to come around.

I do agree baseball’s system sucks and needs to be improved, but like it or not replay is not going anywhere.

It has nothing to do with the Yankees, look at any major sport and how much replay has evolved in the sport the last 20 years or so.

I would say it is getting worse, football now has automatic reviews on most scoring plays? Please keep that out of baseball.

Perez not helping our “Why isn’t JV in tonight?” arguments.

Tonight sure. Long term Perez is a turd.

Packers got over it when Jerry Rice fumbled in the '98 playoffs.

I’m sure as a country we’re pretty much over the 1972 Olympics, but it still would have been nice if they had gotten it right.

Archived