Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-10: Brewers (Chacín) at Rockies (Márquez) 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2]

TooLiveBrew

HkwticJ.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Rockies Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. DJ LeMahieu ® 2B

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Charlie Blackmon (L) CF

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Nolan Arenado ® 3B

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. David Dahl (L) RF

5. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 5. Trevor Story ® SS

6. Hernán Pérez ® 2B 6. Gerardo Parra (L) LF

7. Manny Piña ® C 7. Ian Desmond ® 1B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Tony Wolters (L) C

9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P 9. Germán Márquez ® P[/pre]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perez cannot hit a lick vs. RHP, not this year, not ever. For whatever reason Villar has clearly fallen completely out of favor to lose starts to Perez vs. RHP. They might as well DFA or trade him or whatever by this point.

I may be ready for a different manager.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I am not that far off from those thoughts as well. I don't want to have those feelinfgs, but they are knocking on the door.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I could not be more thrilled to see Villar out of the lineup. Hopefully it lasts forever.

That’s clearly motivated by your dislike for Villar rather than your desire to see the team do well, considering how bad the current alternatives to Villar are.

I am not that far off from those thoughts as well. I don't want to have those feelinfgs, but they are knocking on the door.

Really? I don’t agree with everything Counsell does but this seems like more than a little much. I want Villar in at 2nd too but the options all suck and just because he isn’t going with the sucky option I want in the last week or so isn’t a big enough deal to me to want him fired.

How nice would it be to have an arenado in our lineup?

Arenado away from Coors is a sub .800 player for his career.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

There is quite literally no reason Villar should not be playing vs. a righty. Perez should be hiting when a lefty pitches. That is what their platoon splits warrant if that is what the Brewers want to do.

Honestly I think Villar should play every day...but how he isn’t in vs. a righty seems questionable.

Villar will eventually not be a Brewer and go on to have success elsewhere.

Villar will eventually not be a Brewer and go on to have success elsewhere.

Wouldn’t really shock me. The talent is still there. Maybe he is just destined to never figure it out here, much like Segura.

RH starter and a whopping 2 lh hitters in the starting lineup...

Perez starting over Villar after Villar easily had the best ABs through their last game is just stupid. If I'm a brewer beat writer that's the only question I ask postgame until I get a decent answer.

RH starter and a whopping 2 lh hitters in the starting lineup...

Perez starting over Villar after Villar easily had the best ABs through their last game is just stupid. If I'm a brewer beat writer that's the only question I ask postgame until I get a decent answer.

Unfortunately the Brewer beat writers (actually Wisconsin sports teams in general) are completely passive company men who generally do nothing but toss out softball question after softball question.

In the rare event that they ask a tough question it's usually posed in as passive a manner as possible. For instance, they won't ask directly why Villar has been benched. They'll say, "Villar in need of a few days off for now to get right?" or "Trying to get Perez going?"

Would prefer to see Braun on the pine instead of Santana the way each has been swinging the bat.

God's sakes Craig, try a different lineup than you've been throwing out for the last 20 years or so. Braun doesn't belong at #3 at the moment.

Archived