Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-08: Indians (Kluber) at Brewers (Miley) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2; Miley leaves game in 1st w oblique injury]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well isn't this a fine how do you do?

Now we will be subjected to Suter. And with two men and one out. See you guys tomorrow. What a terrible day to be a Brewers fan.

The bright side is that the Brewers may want extra bullpen help tomorrow, and might DFA Frianklin to make room for the guy.

Villar comes in and promptly makes the little league baserunning mistake of not freezing on a line drive. Never would have guessed that

Are we sure that he didn't freeze? I obviously only saw him diving back into 2nd. He may have had a big secondary lead.

Villar comes in and promptly makes the little league baserunning mistake of not freezing on a line drive. Never would have guessed that

That ball was hit well. Lindor beat him to the bag by at least 2 steps. A large chunk of the league gets doubled off on that. Try seeing through your villar bias...

Are we sure that he didn't freeze? I obviously only saw him diving back into 2nd. He may have had a big secondary lead.

He took maybe 1 step, but as I noted... he wasn't getting back. Lindor didn't even run hard getting to second to double him off. It was routine...

That ball was hit well. Lindor beat him to the bag by at least 2 steps. A large chunk of the league gets doubled off on that. Try seeing through your villar bias...

Right back from the break Rock called it a baserunning mistake. Trying seeing with your eyes open by watching the game

Right back from the break Rock called it a baserunning mistake. Trying seeing with your eyes open by watching the game

To be fair...it was Rock saying it, so I'm not sure it was in fact a mistake. :laughing

I'm at the game, I wouldn't call that a base running mistake. I'd call it tough luck. Rock calling it a base running mistake is meaningless...

He took maybe 1 step, but as I noted... he wasn't getting back. Lindor didn't even run hard getting to second to double him off. It was routine...

1 step is not the same as freezing. Freezing = 0 steps. Getting doubled off is always a baserunning mistake except fro the cases when the player who catches the ball is already closer to the base than you are.

Wonder how often a defending Cy Young winner gives up a HR to the pitcher

Craig Coshun tweet

.@bruter24 is only 3rd relief pitcher ever to homer off reigning Cy Young winner, according to Stats, Inc. Others 1957 Turk Farrell (Phillies) off Don Newcombe (Dodgers) and 1969 Clay Carroll (Reds) off Bob Gibson (Cards).

Archived