Brewer Fanatic

Mauricio Dubon Injury Video -- UPDATE: Torn ACL, Done for the Season

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Mauricio Dubon's injury was not pretty, folks.

MiLB.TV subscribers can use the calendar feature to go to Saturday 5/5's Sky Sox game at Oklahoma City (it's the OKC Dodgers' feed).

02:24:45 hour/minute mark

Col. Springs Top of the 7th

Gabriel Noriega walks.

With Nate Orf batting, Gabriel Noriega caught stealing 2nd base, catcher Rocky Gale to shortstop Donovan Solano.

Nate Orf strikes out swinging.

Mauricio Dubon walks.

Pitching Change: Edward Paredes replaces Emmanuel De Leon, batting 6th.

With Ji-Man Choi batting, Mauricio Dubon picked off and caught stealing 2nd base, pitcher Edward Paredes to first baseman Alex Burg to shortstop Donovan Solano to pitcher Edward Paredes.

Dubon extends the rundown but just goes down in a heap as his left knee buckles halfway between first and second base.

Now, because that was the third out of the inning, the video feed immediately cuts out, but the radio broadcast continues at that point and the Dodger broadcaster paints the picture from there, Dubon carried off the field, no pressure on his leg.

Ironically, on the pitch where Dubon walked, the pitching change you see in the game log above was only because De Leon hurt himself on ball four. The new pitcher, who had as long as he needed to warmup, was a lefty. If the righty De Leon doesn't leave injured, then it's unlikely Dubon gets picked off, and he doesn't get hurt, and he's on the cusp of being a big league Brewer.

Cruel.

Rough. Sounds like he may have been the pick to get called up as soon as today too. The two BBs all year worried me even opposite the hit streak, but I'd have gladly rolled with Dubon.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Rough. Sounds like he may have been the pick to get called up as soon as today too. The two BBs all year worried me even opposite the hit streak, but I'd have gladly rolled with Dubon.

Exactly. The walk rate was worrisome, but he was playing well and is a good glove. Would have been interesting.

It's always sad when a player gets hurt right as they are about to make the show for their first time. Who knows if and when that chance will ever come along again. What makes it more painful for him no doubt, Dubon would have been (and hopefully still will be, someday) the first MLB player born and raised in Honduras.

On a personal note, an old friend of mine is Honduran, and inexplicably a Mets fan. I had high hopes of Dubon being the catalyst to converting my friend to Brewer fandom.

• 1 month later...

Archived