Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-06: Pirates (Kuhl) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's got to be disheartening for guys like Shaw and Santana knowing that even if they get on with the guys that follow them being on base means nothing.

At least Arcia hit it hard. To Sogard's credit if this is his last chance as some have theorized he is making the decision easy.

Coles needs to go. It may not be entirely his fault but he probably needs to be scapegoated to send a message that this can't continue any longer.

The Yankees carried a combined no-hitter into the 8th inning. Betances gave up three and another reliever gave up a fourth. Then the Indians closer Allen gave up three in the 9th and had two more on base when he got the final out.

Relievers give up hits and runs. It happens.

The Yankees carried a combined no-hitter into the 8th inning. Betances gave up three and another reliever gave up a fourth. Then the Indians closer Allen gave up three in the 9th and had two more on base when he got the final out.

I understand that, I never said otherwise. I was just pointing out that it is better for it to happen in a game we weren't going to win anyway.

And how does that relate to the Brewers whose offense isn't even in the same league as the Yankees or Indians... pun intended...

I honestly still have no idea what to expect from this team, but I could definitely understand if we aren't really respected or taken seriously on a national level right now. Our performance against any team that doesn't resemble a complete bottom feeder has ranged from anywhere between uninspiring to putrid.

This team is fine in the big picture, but being one hit by Chad Kuhl is depressing.

My biggest concerns right now are Anderson and the bottom of the order. I think Chase will be alright, but there are some reasons to worry. We may have to play roster roulette to try and solve the bottom of the order problem, but I am ready for that process to begin. Maybe not with Pina quite yet, but certainly with the 2B position.

After today, 14-1 against sub .500 teams and 6-14 against winning teams. I expect both sides of that will even out, especially since the Cubs are responsible for 7 of those losses. Even playing around .500 in May means this team is okay, and pitching help is on the way.

I've been to parts of 3 games so far, 19 innings total and have seen them score zero runs, while Chase Anderson has given up 6 HR.

[sarcasm]clearly you need to stop going to games.[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I honestly still have no idea what to expect from this team, but I could definitely understand if we aren't really respected or taken seriously on a national level right now. Our performance against any team that doesn't resemble a complete bottom feeder has ranged from anywhere between uninspiring to putrid.

I've already figured them out. Play one of the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the league and they are good for a sweep. Against almost all of the other teams they will lose 2 and win 1 when playing a 3 game series. Play the Cubs and it's likely the Brewers will get swept. Unfortunately I think they've already used up a good percentage of games against horrible MLB teams.

Verified Member
I've been to parts of 3 games so far, 19 innings total and have seen them score zero runs, while Chase Anderson has given up 6 HR.

[sarcasm]clearly you need to stop going to games.[/sarcasm]

I'm getting closer and closer...

I think this is going to be my last year with a 20 pack, and might just do day of game after this year.

The little stuff that didn't bother me in the past is starting to add up, and when they play like crap, I can't get out of there fast enough...

Community Moderator

More bad news from Adam McCalvy...

@AdamMcCalvy: Mauricio Dubon is coming to Milwaukee, but it's not good news. He strained his left knee in that rundown Saturday night and needs to be examined by Dr. Raasch.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Of course my hopes went sky high after the first part of the first sentence. McCalvy is evil.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

man, i hope thats not the case that we use divisional games for one player to take batting practice to get above the .100 mark. He has only had 1 hit in his last 15 games. But he batted 6th which is unimaginable. And I guess we used the last out so aguliar can get in some practice.

This team should be playing better. yea we got 20 wins but 14 of them are to last place teams.

I think we will be fine and we should be able to start stringing hits together but if we want to do more than flirt with a playoff spot then we need to pick up a #1 pitcher.

The good news is that the cards and cubs and pirates have their issues as well but we arent likely to win many games if our manager keeps dabbling by starting sogurd and giving him a spot ahead of #8th spot. Cmon maaaannn

i cant imagine stearns is to thrilled with sogard still in the lineup.

I disagree with the one poster who said we need to leave him in and allow him to get back up to his par. First off, his par is a lousy .245 anyways but we arent dealing with a situation where he is batting bogey or double bogey. The situation is that after his next at bat he wont even be hitting .100.

Why spend millions on yellich and cain if our 6th batter is sogart? We can have Aaron Judge but it wouldnt matter if 6,7,8,9 are awful.

Archived