Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-05: Pirates (Taillon) at Brewers (Chacín) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-3]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

HjMfu4P.jpg

[pre]Pirates Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Gregory Polanco (L) RF 2. Christian Yelich (L) LF

3. Starling Marte ® CF 3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B 4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF 5. Domingo Santana ® RF

6. Francisco Cervelli ® C 6. Hernán Pérez ® 2B

7. Colin Moran (L) 3B 7. Manny Piña ® C

8. Jordy Mercer ® SS 8. Eric Sogard (L) SS

9. Jameson Taillon ® P 9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P[/pre]

Hope everyone has a great Cinco de Mayo!

HjMpN4H.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we get a Sogard start at short because it's always good to start the guy you pinch hit for late.

Really, not trying to complain about the lineup, but I do not understand the need to start Sogard more than once a week, let alone back-to-back nights, let alone at SS. I hope he goes 4-4 or something and makes me eat my words, but unless Arcia is hurt, there is no need for this. I really want to understand, but I cannot think of any explanation that doesn't include way overvaluing the lefty platoon advantage...

Boycotting the games until Sogard is gone. Enjoy boys.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is hurting the team. I could live with it if Sogard was relegated to late replacement duties but he's on pace for 300 PAs.

I don't know why Counsell feels the need to regularly work in his awful veteran journeymen as much as he can. I had the same complaint with Nieuwenhuis who was sadly like 10 times better than Sogard.

Stearns needs to have a conversation with Counsell in the immediate future where he informs him in an extremely nice and professional way that if he (Craig) doesn't start using Sogard in the extremely limited manner that he should be used, he (David) will remove temptation for him.

Community Moderator
This is hurting the team. I could live with it if Sogard was relegated to late replacement duties but he's on pace for 300 PAs.

I don't know why Counsell feels the need to regularly work in his awful veteran journeymen as much as he can. I had the same complaint with Nieuwenhuis who was sadly like 10 times better than Sogard.

Stearns needs to have a conversation with Counsell in the immediate future where he informs him in an extremely nice and professional way that if he (Craig) doesn't start using Sogard in the extremely limited manner that he should be used, he (David) will remove temptation for him.

It is getting ridiculous. As you mentioned the role he is being utilized in has become a burden on the team. It seems strange they continue to place a player in the lineup with regularity that is going to provide a lack of production on par with batting a second pitcher.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

And we get a Sogard start at short because it's always good to start the guy you pinch hit for late.

Really, not trying to complain about the lineup, but I do not understand the need to start Sogard more than once a week, let alone back-to-back nights, let alone at SS. I hope he goes 4-4 or something and makes me eat my words, but unless Arcia is hurt, there is no need for this. I really want to understand, but I cannot think of any explanation that doesn't include way overvaluing the lefty platoon advantage...

If he goes 4 for 4 tonight I will make like that Cleveland radio host and eat horse poop like he promised when the Browns drafted Baker Mayfield.

Braun's out of the lineup again. But Craig, I thought you said he'd be back today. We've been through this song and dance before. Say it's just a nagging injury and it's only day to day. Next thing you know he's on the DL and missing three weeks.

Braun's out of the lineup again. But Craig, I thought you said he'd be back today. We've been through this song and dance before. Say it's just a nagging injury and it's only day to day. Next thing you know he's on the DL and missing three weeks.

Yep, so much for the "Nothing to see here, just his scheduled maintenance day."

There's the human rally killer showing his stuff again.

He literally could have just stood there in a Heisman pose and at least cleared the pitcher's spot, and he couldn't even do that.

Eric Sogard is the type of player Rachel Phelps would've salivated for. How is he still on a major league roster? We need to consider the possibility that Counsell is starting Sogard in an effort to break his own consecutive hitless at-bat streak.

Archived