Brewer Fanatic

Davies to 10 day DL (right rotator cuff inflammation)

Just saw that they're just moving guys up a day since we have the day off today (and Monday), so not sure if we actually need a 5th starter.

I don't think Logan is ready to be activated by tomorrow, so maybe someone like Choi?

They'll need a 5th starter again next Saturday the 12th, so Davies should be ready to go by then.

brandon woodruff would meet the 10-day minimum stay by 12 may. the only other way he could be recalled prior to that would be to coincide with a disabled list move (such as the davies transaction made today). the increase in the number of off-days is really boosting the club's roster flexibility.

Obviously not ideal but if he has a tweak of anything ... good idea to just miss the one start and use the off days to 'expand' the roster.

Woodruff makes a lot of sense for the 12th and I'm kind of hoping they grab another LHB to have on the bench until then. Sogard and Phillips just aren't the best options right now. Just because I like the kid I am secretly hoping it is Choi.

Nervous about the rotator cuff too, but found it odd how direct the team's quotes were. Not "you never know, but we hope it is only one start" or "one start for now and then we'll see" but pretty much just "we're going to skip one start, and he'll be fine."

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it seems odd to set expectations at one missed start if you think there is even a chance he'll miss more.

I'll believe when I see it that he only misses one start. Rotator cuff injuries can be serious.

They can also be very minor. Rotation depth and breaks in schedule allow them to let guys skip a start here and there to preserve them for the long haul. I suspect that's what they're doing here.

Taking advantage of the off day......if bumping Chacin up is taking advantage.....

It could be considered an advantage to not put any of the SP off pace. It doesn't require an immediate starting arm callup.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Rehab start on Saturday for Wisconsin. Would line him up to take Peralta's turn next week, which would be very underwhelming.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Rehab start on Saturday for Wisconsin. Would line him up to take Peralta's turn next week, which would be very underwhelming.

Totally. Why would we want to go with the proven guy?

To me, it would be disappointingly because Peralta should stay in the lineup until both Davies and Anderson are back and either Suter or Woodruff be sent down or to the pen (my preference to suter moving to the pen). When both Davies & Anderson are back, then make the choice I Peralta or the other starter (Woodruff/suter) to go down.

Just keep the bum on the DL.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Let's see if he makes it through the start first before we worry about who's spot he takes... lol... remember he wasn't even going to be DL'd at first for this injury ....

I agree 100% that the "deserves to stay" standings are

1. Peralta

2. Woody

3. Suter

Let's see if he makes it through the start first before we worry about who's spot he takes... lol... remember he wasn't even going to be DL'd at first for this injury ....

I agree 100% that the "deserves to stay" standings are

1. Peralta

2. Woody

3. Suter

Let's see how Peralta does in start 2 and how Suter does tonight and then line them up. Woodruff had a nice bounce back outing but right now the D-Backs are putting a very weak lineup on the field. No offense as he had the winning hit the other night, but if Descalso is your #3 hitter, you have problems.

Archived