Brewer Fanatic

2018 Standings and Playoff Race Discussion

No matter what happens from this point on this team had a highly successful season and should be celebrated for it.

Darn right. Tied for best record in the league. Not too shabby.

Well said. Reading Cubs and Cards fan blogs, so many of those folks come off jaded and entitled. However good the Brewers are, or get, I hope we never lose our joy about how precious making the playoffs is.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will just put this out here randomly. The first time the Brewers made the playoffs since the 1982 season everyone was super pumped up. My friends dad who I watched the first game with had a different opinion though, he said since we got in on the wild card we didn't earn our way into the playoffs and no matter how far we went it really didn't mean anything. These games didn't count in his mind because we didn't win the division.

I have a little bit of this mindset. How can you be the best team in your league if you weren't the best team in the division? That's why I want today's game badly.

Meh, I get it but every sport has wild cards and I kind of feel like it's BS that you don't get a shot sometimes based on where you're geographically located. For example, one of the years the Twins won it all they won like 85 games while the Brewers didn't even make the playoffs with over 90 wins.

I dont think it really matters how you get into the playoffs, everyone has a shot at that point to win it all. Winning the division and the 1 seed gives you advantages that are earned, but I’ve always felt the teams with the best chance to win the WS are the teams that get hot in September and carry it into October. When I look back at the the 2011 Brewers, they had a good team and won the division convincingly, but they weren’t hot going into the playoffs. They didn’t have the comeback ability that the 2018 Brewers have and because of that I think the 2018 Brewers are far more talented than the 2011 Brewers

I dont think it really matters how you get into the playoffs, everyone has a shot at that point to win it all. Winning the division and the 1 seed gives you advantages that are earned, but I’ve always felt the teams with the best chance to win the WS are the teams that get hot in September and carry it into October. When I look back at the the 2011 Brewers, they had a good team and won the division convincingly, but they weren’t hot going into the playoffs. They didn’t have the comeback ability that the 2018 Brewers have and because of that I think the 2018 Brewers are far more talented than the 2011 Brewers

Looks like it will be the winner of the Rockies and Cubs. Cubs will be throwing Lester and I imagine the Rockies will throw Freeland?

Good news either way as the Brewers won't have to face Lester, Quintana, Freeland, or Marquez in Game 1 and perhaps each of those guys only once in a 5 game series.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Since Cole Hamels' infamous rivalry comment the Brewers have gone 18 - 6. The Cubs have gone 14 - 12.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The September odds for winning the division has any other team won the division at lower odds?

This is remarkable , the odds they overcame.

With no ace....

With Santana and Knebel and Arcia disappearing for half or most the year.

Nelson down and out all year....

I mean come on. Wow !!! Best team in the NL.

Since Cole Hamels' infamous rivalry comment the Brewers have gone 18 - 6. The Cubs have gone 14 - 12.

That is a terrific stat! Forward that to all major media. Help them all develop a new and improved narrative.

Chacin, Miley, Davies, Gonzalez..... the staff every analysis had to dominate the way to division title!! Unreal what they did in September.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

So The AL which has been decided for what? 2 weeks now? Doesnt play their Wild Card game til Weds. Meanwhile the NL played its tiebreaker game today and now wildcard game tomorrow? Why dont they have their WC game tomorrow? Or the WC game for NL being played Weds?. Did they at least only have til some point today to make their playoff 25man? Vs 3days rest (or more) and set it? Just a little odd to me as this has to work in their favor for 100win teams getting all these extra days of rest vs the NL teams.

So The AL which has been decided for what? 2 weeks now? Doesnt play their Wild Card game til Weds. Meanwhile the NL played its tiebreaker game today and now wildcard game tomorrow? Why dont they have their WC game tomorrow? Or the WC game for NL being played Weds?. Did they at least only have til some point today to make their playoff 25man? Vs 3days rest (or more) and set it? Just a little odd to me as this has to work in their favor for 100win teams getting all these extra days of rest vs the NL teams.

I believe they rotate it every year. Kinda stupid that they cant change it when they still wouldnt have even known the details, but know the al had basicly no chance at needing tie breakers and the nl having way more possibilities.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewers Vs Braves

A’s vs Indians

Brewers vs A’s..... MLB & FOXs worst nightmare & I will love every second! Hope Yankees & Cubs choke wildcard. Dodgers & Red Sox in Division. Unlikely but the smaller markets in the spotlight would be amazing! ESPN probably won’t even talk more than 10 minutes about World Series if it’s Brewers & A’s.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

That would be pretty amazing. Losing the Chicago market yesterday...then drop NY today...with Boston, Houston, LA falling within a week??? The ratings would be pretty miserable I'm sure, but would still be phenomenal games with the Braves youth and an incredible story in the A's and the Indians and Brewers trying to end crazy long title droughts.

I too am rooting for the Indians to reach the WS. Just really like that club and wish they would have won in '16. Plus it might trigger some renewed interest in a great movie...

Browsing ESPN and the last power rankings laughable. All 5 AL playoff teams ranked 1-5. Cubs were 6th. Brewers 7th. I get Boston and NY, even Houston but then to rank Oak 4th, Cleveland 5th? You know 1 of that top 5 was going to lose in the wildcard should have ranked Cleveland or Oakland below Cubs/Crew. Lets just put Cleveland's record at really? Played in a division with nearly 3! 100 loss teams and they still only managed 91wins. had a .500 record in September. 21 games over .500 vs those 3 teams. 1 game below .500 vs rest of baseball. Milw&Chc had 3-1 records against. I really want the Brewers to win the WS because the obvious disrespect put towards the team.

On another subject. Looking at the Indians' page. Carlos Carrasco had 30 starts in 32 games pitched 190IP 17-10 with 3.38ERA. Think that Santana trade proposal would have been a win had we met their demands.

On another subject. Looking at the Indians' page. Carlos Carrasco had 30 starts in 32 games pitched 190IP 17-10 with 3.38ERA. Think that Santana trade proposal would have been a win had we met their demands.

I think the Cleveland rumors were centered on Danny Salazar, who didn't end up pitching a single inning this year due to injuries. No way was Carrasco on offer for Santana plus.

I think the Cleveland rumors were centered on Danny Salazar, who didn't end up pitching a single inning this year due to injuries. No way was Carrasco on offer for Santana plus.

Damn memory! oops.

Another Espn snub this morning. Typical game highlights, Jesus' HR, the balk/wp runs, Hader closing it out. Put up a graphic on Brewers record vs LA&Atl. 3-4 vs La 4-3 vs Atl. Lady who did the highlights finished off with, the final game vs the Dodgers was a 21-5 win." Smugly You can't buy any love being the first to advance to LCS. 11 friggin wins in a row! Talk about this team more! Give them some respect.

Archived