Brewer Fanatic

2018 Standings and Playoff Race Discussion

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As teams are clinching their playoff spots the team specific apparel with a Postseason slogan is being unveiled (and sold). I thought in the past teams all had the same slogan (maybe I’m wrong), but it appears this year they are different (based on a sample size of two). The teams are also using the sayings as their Postseason hashtags on social media.

HEQvF2B.jpg

HEQv9Tu.jpg

I don’t want jinx anything, but I am curious to see the Brewers Postseason slogan.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Nothing says team unity like a bunch of guys wearing hoodies that have corporate manufactured inspirational quotes on them that absolutely did not come about organically over the course of a season

Yup. Now if the Brewers logo was "Show Me Some Love" or something even remotely incorporating Cain and Co. and their sprinkle fingers... I'd consider so I'd have the reminder of the season and what it was... but I digress.

FYI - Rally Together has been a slogan in Cleveland for multiple years.

I am also noticing that each team has a home version like Defend ..... and an alternate version (Boston = Do Damage)

Saw many "Defend Tribe Town" shirts etc with the clinch celebration... Also saw a Defend Fenway during the Boston clinch celebration.

Nothing says team unity like a bunch of guys wearing hoodies that have corporate manufactured inspirational quotes on them that absolutely did not come about organically over the course of a season

I agree that is typically the case, but these may be slightly more organic than in the past.

The "Do Damage" phrase was used by Alex Cora in his introductory press conference.

Also, Brian Cashman was quoted in late July as saying...

“You wonder what their [Red Sox] record would be if they weren’t playing us,” Cashman said, via MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch. “Because when we go head to head, we do some damage against them and it doesn’t seem like anybody else is capable.”

Maybe those things are coincidence, and maybe not.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I guess I don't pay attention to the American League much but had no idea Tony La Russa was part of the Red Sox front office until seeing him celebrate the Red Sox division. Cross the Red Sox off the list of teams I will be rooting for in the playoffs.

I actually really don't like how in every sport they make everyone where these same shirts. I know it's marketing and all, but I think it would be better marketing to let each team do their own thing. Basically, why would someone want to buy the same shirts every team has. Maybe MLB is changing that this year though, we'll see

For all the doom and gloom here the last 5-6 days. The only teams in the NL with a better last 10 games record than MKE are Pitt and LAD.

Thank god the team has more poise than many of its fans. It was pretty brutal watching people question their ability and competitive spirit over losing 3 games in 5 days.

Earlier this season Counsell was wearing a blue wristband that said, “We’ve Got This”. A long shot, but my dart throw is that will be their postseason slogan.

Good guess...This Is My Crew does seem weird for the postseason shirt...such a safe bet though.

Archived