Brewer Fanatic

2018 Standings and Playoff Race Discussion

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cubs lose twice, Cardinals lose, Phillies, Diamondbacks and Dodgers lose. Braves won, which is fine as long as they win the division and rather them than the D-backs. Rockies won too, but of course it was either them or the Dodgers and while you can argue over what would've been best, both outcomes are fine as it means someone is losing ground.

Perfect day yesterday. The Brewers got the result they wanted in literally every single game. Even the games with 2 playoff threats went in favor of the Brewers. Someone has to win the other 2 divisions anyway, so you may as well root for the division leaders against WC threats.

I suppose you could argue the Dodgers will eventually catch the Rockies anyway, which means you'd rather they beat the Rockies now and knock them down in the WC race... but that's kind of splitting hairs.

Perfect day yesterday. The Brewers got the result they wanted in literally every single game. Even the games with 2 playoff threats went in favor of the Brewers. Someone has to win the other 2 divisions anyway, so you may as well root for the division leaders against WC threats.

I suppose you could argue the Dodgers will eventually catch the Rockies anyway, which means you'd rather they beat the Rockies now and knock them down in the WC race... but that's kind of splitting hairs.

I'm all in rooting for Colorado. The Dodgers have 20 games remaining and only 6 at home. Can't see them going on a huge run with that. Give them another L today and it makes it that much tougher.

I'm all in rooting for Colorado. The Dodgers have 20 games remaining and only 6 at home. Can't see them going on a huge run with that. Give them another L today and it makes it that much tougher.

That's valid. I didn't check their schedule. They're so much better than the Rockies though. I would still give them better than a 50% chance to win the division. Combined with their chances of catching the Cardinals, which would probably lead to a WC game against the Brewers, they are still a playoff favorite IMO. Pretty much all the projections agree on that.

It reminds me of 2011 when we desperately wanted the Braves to hold onto the wild card because we knew how dangerous the Cardinals were if they sneaked in. We all know what happened there. I think I'd sleep better if the Dodgers just knocked the Rockies out as a WC threat and won the division, but if the Rockies sweep them then maybe we don't have to worry about it.

If the Cubs lose and the Brewers win today that puts the Brewers at 1.5 games back. If the Brewers win the next series against the Cubs that puts us at a .5 game back from the Cubs.

This should make for a very interesting last few weeks of September.

Just noticed David Freese got dealt to LAD. Yet another reason to be against the Dodgers getting in the playoffs.

Fortunately he wouldn’t be eligible for the playoff roster

He is eligible- was traded there before the deadline

We've put ourselves in position that we don't NEED a sweep to have a real shot at the division. 2 of 3 keeps us close enough to have a chance. Gotta keep playing good baseball

That why I've been preaching this for weeks. No must win games, they did not need to sweep the Cubs like many were saying, and they don't need to sweep them this time. Won 2/3 and they're 1 game behind.

The Cubs are the first team in major league history to have a difficult schedule and annoying travel because of rainouts.

(source: Cubs Twitter)

Cubs fans are convinced the Brewers are going to win the division and it's all because MLB screwed them over with decision making on weather and postponement delays.

The Cubs are the first team in major league history to have a difficult schedule and annoying travel because of rainouts.

Cubs fans are convinced the Brewers are going to win the division and it's all because MLB screwed them over with decision making on weather and postponement delays.

Or, ya know, Karma is a b.................

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Or, ya know, Karma is a b.................

yeah the rainout with no rain is gonna be their new Goat curse.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yea, cuz why would MLB want one of it's biggest cash cows front and center in the playoffs.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

The a.l. playoff races suck this year. That is all.

Tampa Bay has the same record as the NL West leading Colorado Rockies. They are 18.5 games back.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The a.l. playoff races suck this year. That is all.

Tampa Bay has the same record as the NL West leading Colorado Rockies. They are 18.5 games back.

I saw Tampa's record today and couldn't believe how well they were doing. That's the quietest 14 over .500 ever. I don't even know who is on that team.

Archived