Brewer Fanatic

2018 Standings and Playoff Race Discussion

I seriously hope that if we get a wildcard spot, that we don't have to play the damn Cardinals in a one game sudden death hate-fest!

I'm not sure I can handle a loss to that team in a game with that kind of importance. On the flip side, it really couldn't be any better than to win that same game and end their season.

I'm torn.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I seriously hope that if we get a wildcard spot, that we don't have to play the damn Cardinals in a one game sudden death hate-fest!

I'm not sure I can handle a loss to that team in a game with that kind of importance. On the flip side, it really couldn't be any better than to win that same game and end their season.

I'm torn.

The wild card is such a coin toss game that I'm having trouble getting excited about it. It's sort of like a free chance at the playoffs if we get lucky. Anyone but the Cardinals in that game as far as I'm concerned.

I'm encouraged by the fact that as hot as the Cardinals are right now, they're still only a half game up on Milwaukee. It could be so much worse. They're going to cool off and they're going to cool off soon. Good start would be them and Colorado beating up one another this next series

Not a good day for scoreboard watching. Cardinals are playing unbelievably lately.

Why, they just swept another wild card contender? All that and they only sit one game over us. Not necessarily a bad time to scoreboard watch. It wouldn’t really be a bad thing if the Cardinals ran away with the first spot and beat to crud out of the other WC contenders (outside of us). I hope they murder the Rockies for three games and we can win 2/3 of our series (or better).

Crazy that both the dodgers and nationals look all but dead in the water this season. I still think it's much more likely for the cubs to fall back to the pack of other nl contenders than it is for them to run away and hide. The brewers will have a shot at 3 playoff spots heading into the last series of the year, IMO - the central title and both wild cards. I think the cubs and cards play each other at the end, too.

Going to be a fun 5.5 weeks of baseball to follow the whole league...

At this point, despite it possibly being bad for the Crew, I want chaos. Have 3 or 4 teams tied for the last WC spot and multiple 1 game tiebreakers. Good news is that Brewers have some series wins that could allow them to play game 2 after the first 2 of 3 tied teams play the day before.

I'm torn.

Bring them on...even though our two best seasons in franchise history ended with losses to them in the World Series and NLCS.

Running pessimistic joke I've been saying is that I almost guarantee we end up being eliminated by STL. Either in that second to last series of the year or in the WC game. I hope to be wrong but I'm just so used to it I'm trying to prepare myself

The maricle last night put us 1 game over the Rockies, 2 over the Phillies, and 3.5 over the Dodgers. Time to go on a run and put some of these teams in a nice hole come September.

The Rockies magic number to be eliminated in 33.

Some team is going to have a rough finish and get called chokers, some team is going to finish hot and it will be because they were clutch or because some guy they traded for sparked the team. Some team will play fine and just barely miss it and people will point at a specific game or two as to why they failed etc. One month of baseball is basically random for the results, adding in all the call-ups just makes it even more random.

Some stuff will happen, it ultimately isn't going to mean much and reporters are going to assign stories to it that really aren't true. Anything could happen over this small sample of games and nobody can predict what will actually happen. Sit back and enjoy it, hope the Brewers are one of the teams with the good results, but try not to put any meaning towards it because there is none.

Still a month away with plenty that can happen (obviously), but it’s starting to feel like a Brewers Wildcard berth may very well come down to the final series of the season versus Detroit. If that’s the case it obviously seems to be an advantage to be finishing with the Tigers, but I can’t even imagine the tailspin things will go into if losing to the Tigers at Miller Park knocks the Brewers out of the playoff picture.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

The Brewers are still trailing five teams in the loss column and now six behind the Cubs. The Cubs would need a pretty serious down period for the division to be any sort of realistic goal. It's gonna be a dog fight for the two wild card slots. Five teams vying for two spots.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

but I can’t even imagine the tailspin things will go into if losing to the Tigers at Miller Park knocks the Brewers out of the playoff picture.

This would be thee absolute "Most Brewers" of all possible outcomes, so I'm definitely expecting it to be the way things play out in this particular version of reality.

Crazy that both the dodgers and nationals look all but dead in the water this season. I still think it's much more likely for the cubs to fall back to the pack of other nl contenders than it is for them to run away and hide. The brewers will have a shot at 3 playoff spots heading into the last series of the year, IMO - the central title and both wild cards. I think the cubs and cards play each other at the end, too.

Going to be a fun 5.5 weeks of baseball to follow the whole league...

I do find it crazy on the Nationals end. The Dodgers lost the #1&2 prospects for the years of two years ago early in the year. That was probably a 9-10 game loss right there vs. The Replacements.

Nationals with Scherzer, Harper, Strasburg, Murphy, etc just what a disappointment for that Franchise with the Godly talent they had to build around this decade.

If the Brewers are going to catch the Cubs for the division, they better get to it pretty quickly. After September 9, the Cubs play thirteen of their nineteen final games at Wrigley Field and three more at the White Sox. Their only real "road trip" is three games in Arizona. At this point, the Cubs are winning just short of two out of every three at home.

Archived