Brewer Fanatic

Wade Miley Eat Crow Thread

I was in the we're doomed if he ever sees the Majors camp when we signed him so I'll have some dark meat please.

Thanks for joining me for dinner. I am glad you like the dark meat as I am a breast man!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
I would like to caution everyone, regardless of how his next outing goes, that you would do best in limiting your poultry consumption to chicken or turkey, unless you are an expert hunter and can bag a duck or pheasant in the appropriate season.

Has Miley even been rehabbing?? Why is Miley still in the discussion?

Pretty sure he’s starting Thursday.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wade Miley has to go eleventy billion innings tonight in his comeback game so we have a nice rested 'pen for the weekend!

Almost positive Miley is going to be on some sort of pitch count tonight. I would be elated if can get 5+ from him.

As much as I can't stand the idea of "piggy-backing" major league starters, it wouldn't surprise me to see Woodruff or Houser up today to take the ball for 3-4 innings after Miley exits. Actually, I think they'll both be up today.

Wade Miley has to go eleventy billion innings tonight in his comeback game so we have a nice rested 'pen for the weekend!

Almost positive Miley is going to be on some sort of pitch count tonight. I would be elated if can get 5+ from him.

I though they specifically said on the broadcast last nigh that he didn't have any limits.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I though they specifically said on the broadcast last nigh that he didn't have any limits.

Being Wade Miley is a limit in itself :laughing

The Brewers’ fascination with Miley is ranking up there with Yuni B for what on earth can smart baseball people see that makes them think this is the best option to win games? You can’t be an effective big league pitcher and walk over 12% of batters unless you are striking out 30.

I lamented the Milone and Sogard acquisitions in the beginning but at least I could see logic. Sogard’s previous ability to BB more than K was a neat trick and betting on Milone HR rate to regress is a far more likely bet than walk rate.

I don't see any redeeming quality for Miley.

After seeing him actually pitch I can see why they actually signed him to be a back end starter.To me his stuff seems good and if he ever got his control in check he could have a real good season one of these years. Of course that is a big if and can also see why teams can't rely on him.

• 3 weeks later...

Miley is the guy that you look at during warm ups and say to yourself, "it's a 3-4 night for me." Some of his pitches look like they come in at 50 mph.

3 hours later you got the collar and have no idea how it happened. Lefty and location is the answer

it is awesome!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived