Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-02: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Castillo) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1; Miley -- 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER in debut]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we don't end up trading Jeffress this time around. That'd be sad. Given we aren't sellers though I don't think it will happen for his contract.

On that note though Ranger fans must be looking at his numbers thinking "What the HELL." Lol

No reason to trade him......we are looking to be good for a number of years and he's got a favorable contract......plus with his poor numbers when not pitching for brewers don't think his trade value would get a big enough haul to make trading him worth it.

No reason to trade him......we are looking to be good for a number of years and he's got a favorable contract......plus with his poor numbers when not pitching for brewers don't think his trade value would get a big enough haul to make trading him worth it.

No I agree. I don't see it. The first time we traded him he was still a young prospect and we were going for it with Greinke, and the second time we were sellers which hopefully won't apply the next 3 years.

On that note though Ranger fans must be looking at his numbers thinking "What the HELL." Lol

Maybe they are looking at themselves as to how they support players.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The most exciting thing about the bullpen is that, while bullpens are finicky and you can't assume the same level of performance year to year, we have control over all of these guys for multiple years:

Control after 2018:

- Knebel: 3 years

- Jeffress: 2 years

- Hader: 5 years

- Williams: 5 years

- Barnes: 4 years

- Jennings: 1 year

- Albers: 1 year

Not to mention all the minor league depth and an option next year on Logan (which I have to assume we are unlikely to pick up at this point unless he is really good when he comes back).

Jeffress, Hader, Albers, Jennings, Williams, and Barnes have ERAs under 2. 6 guys. I mean I know that itself isn't sustainable but it's just unreal how loaded this pen is.

I'm kind of at the point where I see Boone Logan coming back and think, are we sure we want to clear a spot for him? I mean is there really room for him?

Phillips has no shot

23 years old. Barely a month of ML at-bats. Yep, screams no chance to me.

Solid hot take, though.

I would guess he was referring to that AB, not necessarily his career in general.

Phillips has no shot

23 years old. Barely a month of ML at-bats. Yep, screams no chance to me.

Solid hot take, though.

He was referring to that one at bat and he was right...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jeffress, Hader, Albers, Jennings, Williams, and Barnes have ERAs under 2. 6 guys. I mean I know that itself isn't sustainable but it's just unreal how loaded this pen is.

I'm kind of at the point where I see Boone Logan coming back and think, are we sure we want to clear a spot for him? I mean is there really room for him?

Yeah, probably. They didn't sign Logan just to give up on him. I'm sure they'll option Suter down to AAA to continue starting. While they don't really have a "long" man, most of the pen guys provide decent length, so a traditional long man probably isn't a huge need. They could go to an 8-man pen, too, and drop Sogard or option Phillips.

Braun's calf tightened up per CC.....doesn't think it's serious.

Thinks both him and Shaw will be ok after the day off

Very good news. Need to beat up on the Pirates this weekend. Set the tone.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I was skeptical of Miley but he pitched very well tonight, but I wanna see him do it against a good team not the trash Reds. I’ll still be pissed about the Cubs series until they play them again

Yeah, probably. They didn't sign Logan just to give up on him. I'm sure they'll option Suter down to AAA to continue starting. While they don't really have a "long" man, most of the pen guys provide decent length, so a traditional long man probably isn't a huge need. They could go to an 8-man pen, too, and drop Sogard or option Phillips.

Logan and knebel coming back, I'm very curious what we do to make room. I feel like it unfortunately has to be suter and Williams...

Archived