Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-02: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Castillo) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1; Miley -- 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER in debut]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Yelich has broken out of his little slump.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a bomb. Well done!

Edit: Damn, thought Braun got one too.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Am I the only one that thinks if Braun is actually sprinting from the start, he cuts off that ball and holds the runner to 3rd. Obviously percentage is that his body falls apart if he does.

I even replayed it a few times kind of wondering what I was missing. He should have been able to read the hit easily enough.

5 IP, 3H, 3BB, 4K, 1ER on 87 pitches. Nice job Miley! I wonder if we go 1-2-3 if he starts the 6th?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Am I the only one that thinks if Braun is actually sprinting from the start, he cuts off that ball and holds the runner to 3rd. Obviously percentage is that his body falls apart if he does.

I even replayed it a few times kind of wondering what I was missing. He should have been able to read the hit easily enough.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. Brauns out now so maybe his body did fall apart.

Or cc was wondering the same thing and wanted an extended discussion with him?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Was listening to a the MLB Statcast Podcast and they were talking Domingo Santana's defensive statistics look a lot better so far this year than last year.

I'm not sure he's made any phenomenal plays or anything but that first out there was a nice grab and he does seem a little bit better so far this year, which admittedly might not be saying much.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. Brauns out now so maybe his body did fall apart.

Or cc was wondering the same thing and wanted an extended discussion with him?

I'll third this, I thought for sure he'd cut it off but he didn't seem to be running very hard.

Best guess is he was already feeling something at that point.

6 IP, 3H, 3BB, 4K, 1ER on 96 pitches. Nice job Miley! I wonder if we go 1-2-3 if he starts the 6th?

Wonder no more. Awesome first start. Let’s get him a W!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Heckuva start, Wade. Needed those innings from you.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Hopefully Braun coming out is precautionary move and not serious. Going to need that bat with such a dreadful bottom of the order and bench.

Archived