Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-02: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Castillo) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1; Miley -- 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER in debut]

Verified Member
All Villar does when he does stupid things like that is plant a seed in CC's head that Sogard should be playing more...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miley has looked good so far.

Villar I’m okay with trying it. Right fielder was late to the ball. Made a nice throw. Nice hit as well. Hopefully he keeps going in that direction

Yelich smoked that ball.

I'm ok with him taking chances at the bottom of the order. He needs to realize he's leading off with the heart of the order behind him

Miley has looked good so far.

Villar I’m okay with trying it. Right fielder was late to the ball. Made a nice throw. Nice hit as well. Hopefully he keeps going in that direction

Yelich smoked that ball.

I'm ok with him taking chances at the bottom of the order. He needs to realize he's leading off with the heart of the order behind him

Yeah time and place for sure. I just lean more towards it being okay because the play was in front of him and you could see the RF kind of lazy attempt at getting to the ball. Probably best for him to never attempt to stretch anything just for Brewers fans brains though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wade Miley looks fine to me. Hopefully another nice find.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The fact that Villar was able to look at the right fielder field the ball, made the play even more dumb IMO.. take the single.. you got three good bats behind you with no outs and the starter has been struggling.. Miley looking good so far tho!

Well it looks like Coles is starting to do his job with Arcia. Heating up!

I can’t state enough how I want the Brewers to go get another catcher. Pina’s 15 minutes are over for me.

I can’t state enough how I want the Brewers to go get another catcher. Pina’s 15 minutes are over for me.

Pina would be a better backup than Maldonado. I think he should be able to be a league average hitter most of the time and is excellent defensively.

But agreed that we could use a better starting catcher, maybe Nottingham eventually but in the meantime let's hope Vogt comes back and tears the cover off the ball at least.

Pina would be a better backup than Maldonado. I think he should be able to be a league average hitter most of the time and is excellent defensively.

But agreed that we could use a better starting catcher, maybe Nottingham eventually but in the meantime let's hope Vogt comes back and tears the cover off the ball at least.

Problem with Vogt is that he is horrible behind the plate. This lineup could use a Realmuto in a big way. Solidify that 6-hole and let Arcia and Villar hack away in the 7-8 spots.

Whenever I read your posts, I really wonder why you even follow this team. And I don't say that rudely. I say it because you seem to hate just about everything about them. It is rather odd to me.

Yes I am critical of the Brewers. As an organization they've been almost a constant failure. I started out as a Brewers fan in the early 1970's and have been a fan for over 45 years. During that time they have put a crappy product on the filed for more than 35 of those years. I will continue to be critical of the Brewers until they put a winning product on the field for multiple years and go deep into the playoffs multiple times.

I'm a Packer fan and started watching them at the same time as the Brewers (about the same time they spent 20 years in the desert playing embarrassing football) and saw the same organizational failings with them as I have for the Brewers. The Packers finally figured it out and stopped hiring former Packers and brought in the right people to run the team and develop the players and guess what, they became successful. Even with almost 25 years of abysmal football they have been mostly a successful organization. So I give the Packers plenty of slack and haven't been critical until recently with the failures of Ted Thompson to use all opportunities to improve the team. The point is, the Packers have earned my giving them the benefit of the doubt because they actually have been very successful for many years.

When the Brewers stop hiring former Brewer players as managers (CC = NY) and start becoming a successful organization then I won't be as critical, but they have a long way to go. David Sterns is looking like a very good GM although he still has some learning and growing to do. Mark Attaturk says the right things, but draws huge profits from the team, and has only claimed to be willing to invest more if the investment was necessary to put the team over the top. Granted that time may not have come, but I'm much older than many of you guys and when I was growing up I was taught actions speak louder than words. Pretty much the opposite of the world we now live in. As a fan, a vast majority of our information is the equivalent of words. So I put little value in most of that information because the actions of this team are 35+ years of futility. I would love for the Brewers to become successful to shut me up because we all win...

Community Moderator
In other news, Jacob deGrom who has been lights out this year for the Mets came out of the game tonight with an apparent injury. As snake bit as the Brewers have been with injuries this year, it seems like the Mets have had their share of issues keeping the rotation healthy the past couple of years.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Miley looks like an ok option until something better is ready, but I could see him having tough games with a lot of walks if he pitches like today.

Seems like very few of his pitches are inside the strike zone.

In other news, Jacob deGrom who has been lights out this year for the Mets came out of the game tonight with an apparent injury. As snake bit as the Brewers have been with injuries this year, it seems like the Mets have had their share of issues keeping the rotation healthy the past couple of years.

It been frustrating not having TOR arms. Can't imagine having a handful of them and never being able to actually use them.

Effectively wild. Hopefully he can get through one more and hold them to one run. That will be a success in his first outing.

He may be fooling the reds into swinging at his junk but a better team might have a boatload of walks so far.

On the other hand, he's really only missing the corners by inches, so on a good day I could see him getting ahead in counts and putting a lot of guys away with that junk and racking up the K's.

I've been a Brewers fan as long as you have and if I approached being a fan the way you do I would find another hobby.

I'm not blaming Attanasio and Stearns for the Selig years. CC is not a bad hire just because he played for the Brewers.......

To each his own I guess.....just doesn't sound like you get any enjoyment out of something that we all follow for the enjoyment.

Archived