Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-02: Brewers (Miley) at Reds (Castillo) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1; Miley -- 6 IP, 3 H, 1 ER in debut]

Hjjdc8b3.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Reds Lineup

1. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 1. Jesse Winker (L) RF

2. Christian Yelich (L) CF 2. Jose Peraza ® SS

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Joey Votto (L) 1B

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Eugenio Suarez ® 3B

5. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B 5. Adam Duvall ® LF

6. Domingo Santana ® RF 6. Devin Mesoraco ® C

7. Manny Pina ® C 7. Alex Blandino ® 2B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Luis Castillo ® P

9. Wade Miley (L) P 9. Billy Hamilton (S) CF[/pre]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cue the Miley sucks chants before he's ever pitched a game for us.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is the Brewers. Miley will be good enough in a few starts that CC cements him into the rotation and then when he falls apart for months we leave him in place because of those few starts where he looked good...

This is the Brewers. Miley will be good enough in a few starts that CC cements him into the rotation and then when he falls apart for months we leave him in place because of those few starts where he looked good...

Whenever I read your posts, I really wonder why you even follow this team. And I don't say that rudely. I say it because you seem to hate just about everything about them. It is rather odd to me.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

LOL, good call. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt today, for at least one time through the order.

#FreeBrentSuter

I'm just glad they didn't send down Brent yet because who else would play the bench drums in their pregame band?

Whenever I read your posts, I really wonder why you even follow this team. And I don't say that rudely. I say it because you seem to hate just about everything about them. It is rather odd to me.

Was about to post the exact same thing.

Really hope we don't try to get cute with the lineup. Just stick with what has been producing. Braun doesn't need a damn day off. He's hitting it well. No reason that Villar shouldn't be playing. Pina, you had enough rest on the DL. Arica had three hits last night, please don't give us Sogard.

Weather forecast for Cincy today/tonight is mid 80's with a SW wind of around 15-20mph...kind of a right to left cross breeze but also blowing out towards left field.

Healthy setting for scoring tonight based on the above conditions and bandbox ballpark regardless of who's on the mound, so I'm going to reserve judgment on Miley's 1st start.

I'll guess Santana gets in there today over Aguilar, but if Braun sits with the off day tomorrow maybe we'll see both, unless they want to give Phillips a start in right with the righty on the mound but I doubt that.

Verified Member
Really hope we don't try to get cute with the lineup. Just stick with what has been producing. Braun doesn't need a damn day off. He's hitting it well. No reason that Villar shouldn't be playing. Pina, you had enough rest on the DL. Arica had three hits last night, please don't give us Sogard.

I was going to post almost the exact same thing. Fully agree, don't tinker with what is working so Eric Freaking Sogard can get a start. Leave Perez on the bench where he belongs.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Villar has been just about on par with everyone else on the team outside of Cain and Yelich so why not put that speed and baserunning on top and hopefully he gets on a couple times tonight.

Hopefully he's a completely different pitcher than he was last year when he was one of the worst starters in baseball.

Pitchers that leave the Orioles organization tend to suck a lot less. Hopefully this is another case of that.

Villar has been just about on par with everyone else on the team outside of Cain and Yelich so why not put that speed and baserunning on top and hopefully he gets on a couple times tonight.

I'd rather keep him at a familiar spot in the lineup around the #6-7 hole. Kind of acts like a 2nd leadoff down there and keeps his role more consistent - that said there aren't many better options than him at the top of the lineup with Cain not starting tonight.

Probably jinxing it, but I feel like Santana gets off his HR goose-egg tonight...

I'd rather keep him at a familiar spot in the lineup around the #6-7 hole. Kind of acts like a 2nd leadoff down there and keeps his role more consistent - that said there aren't many better options than him at the top of the lineup with Cain not starting tonight.

Probably jinxing it, but I feel like Santana gets off his HR goose-egg tonight...

I completely get this take. But I don’t get complaining about his OBP when he’s been okay in that department compared to the rest of the team. Just adds to the Villar “hate” nauseum for me.

I completely get this take. But I don’t get complaining about his OBP when he’s been okay in that department compared to the rest of the team. Just adds to the Villar “hate” nauseum for me.

It’s definietly more of a sign of the teams putrid offense so far this year (304 team OBP) than a knock against Villar.

Hopefully he's a completely different pitcher than he was last year when he was one of the worst starters in baseball.

Pitchers that leave the Orioles organization tend to suck a lot less. Hopefully this is another case of that.

Like Oliver Drake!

Archived