Brewer Fanatic

Drake DFA....Miley activated Update: Drake traded to CLE for cash

Will he clear waivers? ugh, if that happens . . .

drake has never been outrighted to the minors before, so if he clears waivers, he'd be forced to accept the minor league assignment and would stay in the organization.

Drake was outrighted by the Orioles in November 2012. He has the ability to refuse assignment and elect free agency if he wishes.

Will he clear waivers? ugh, if that happens . . .

drake has never been outrighted to the minors before, so if he clears waivers, he'd be forced to accept the minor league assignment and would stay in the organization.

Drake was outrighted by the Orioles in November 2012. He has the ability to refuse assignment and elect free agency if he wishes.

you're right. i didn't scroll down enough prior to the last time the orioles selected his contract (when he still had two minor league options). i had assumed that it was the first time they had selected his contract, but clearly, it wasn't.

I'd guess the proverbial whipping boy will be moved to Suter for the time being, he already probably get a bit too much grief than what he deserves. I've definitely been one of them on Drake, and I do grant this year he was skewed by the blowup inning but he just never should have been on the team after how bad he was last year. And even his scoreless ones this year seemed to be aided by a lot of luck on outs on hard hit balls. And he was seemingly always up in the strike zone.

I made the same mistake last night - 2012 seems like a long time ago for Drake to be DFA'd.

Further proof that being left-handed provides baseball's equivalent of 9 lives for a pitcher

While he does have odd reverse splits, Drake is a righty

whoops!

..... and I actually hope Drake hooks on with another team elsewhere...there really shouldn't be a spot for him in AAA with logan close to returning should he clear waivers.

I'm assuming he won't clear as someone will pick him up. He is better than what some teams have out there and he is cheap.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
..... and I actually hope Drake hooks on with another team elsewhere...there really shouldn't be a spot for him in AAA with logan close to returning should he clear waivers.

I'm assuming he won't clear as someone will pick him up. He is better than what some teams have out there and he is cheap.

We'll see. A 31-year old guy with limited success isn't exactly a number one priority for teams. Heck, the Orioles didn't want him last year - so I'm not sure enticing he will be this year.

However, the K-rate is good and he's had some success here and there - it only takes one team to find him of interest.

Most rosters have a Drake type reliever on their team. It's a sign of how good our pen is that we can release him despite the fact a coupe of our relievers are still on the DL. Anyway while I was never a fan of his i didn't hate him like most here do. Good luck Oliver. I hope you find some success in the league somewhere some day.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Well, he surprised me tonight. Not buying in, but he certainly earned a few starts to see if he's discovered something.

I think it was Plesac last night on MLB tonight that said, "there's always a chance that guys who have been good in the past can be good again, but chances are that guys that never have been good becoming good is remote" He wasn't referring to Miley or the Brewers, but Miley was very good his first two years, so there's always a chance he can return to being that guy. If he is, coupled with Guerra's re-emergence, and this rotation would suddenly look very formidable.

Verified Member
giphy.gif

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Cleveland's bullpen has been terrible so far. 5.11 ERA.

Listing relievers by appearances:

Cody Allen ® = 1.88 ERA, 1.19 WHIP

Zach McAllister ® = 9.00 ERA, 1.83 WHIP

Tyler Olson (L) = 7.15 ERA, 1.06 WHIP

Nick Goody ® = 6.94 ERA, 1.71 WHIP (currently on DL)

Dan Otero ® = 4.40 ERA, 0.98 WHIP

Andrew Miller (L) = 0.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP (currently on DL)

Ben Taylor ® = 0.00 ERA, 0.75 WHIP (only 1 1/3 innings so far)

Alexi Ogando ® = 18.00 ERA, 5.00 WHIP (only 1 inning so far)

Evan Marshall ® = 0.00 ERA, 0.00 WHIP (only 2/3 innings so far)

Drake does seem to fit in, hard to believe since we are talking about a contending ballclub. I liked picking up Ogando and stashing him in the minors as an insurance policy but he was bad in his first MLB outing this season. Never been that impressed with Evan Marshall. With Miller on the DL, Tyler Olson is the only lefty and he's been bad in two of his last three appearances. I don't know if the Indians would have had any serious plans of using Danny Salazar or Ryan Merritt as relievers, but those are two more guys that are on the DL.

Barnes making a strong statement to replace Drake as the whipping boy in the bullpen.

Not sure why. His WHIP is a little high, but he still supports a solid era and fip. I k ow era isn't the end all, but he has a 192 era+ for goodness sake. His problem, like most of our bullpen is that they walk too many. I think he's had 2(?) rough outings this year in like 17 innings. Small sample, but he shouldn't get any grief yet.

Barnes making a strong statement to replace Drake as the whipping boy in the bullpen.

Just one bad outing, picked the right time to have it, but overall numbers are still decent.

There are some concerning signs with Barnes, particularly a very high WHIP and walk numbers that are up from even last year. He doesn't seem as suited for high leverage situations as I'd hoped. He still struggles with command more than you'd like to see.

That said, at this time last year we'd be asking if he should be the closer. Considering he's behind at least Knebel, Hader, Jeffress, and Albers in the pecking order, you could do a whole lot worse for the 5th or 6th guy in your pen.

Archived