Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Bailey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-6]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is an above average team that won't make the playoffs but will make the summer enjoyable.

This. So predictable really. Beat teams they are supposed to beat (Padres). Lose maddeningly to teams better than them on paper (Cubs & Cardinals) and split against everybody else. 82-80. They could go 36-126 for all I care, just beat the Cubs and Cardinals, but it never happens.

Its almost as if I've read this story too many times before.

This is an above average team that won't make the playoffs but will make the summer enjoyable.

This. So predictable really. Beat teams they are supposed to beat (Padres). Lose maddeningly to teams better than them on paper (Cubs & Cardinals) and split against everybody else. 82-80. They could go 36-126 for all I care, just beat the Cubs and Cardinals, but it never happens.

Its almost as if I've read this story too many times before.

Seems like because it's the cubs beating them people jump off the ledge way too early...it's like the packers going 13-3 but losing twice to the bears, I guess. And aren't the brewers 3-3 against the cards this year and won the series against them last year?

May will be a telling month for this team because they appear to have a tougher schedule and they don't have to play the cubs at all...if they are still at or near the top of the division when June arrives after facing tougher competition consistently, the first 8 games against the cubs this season will be even more of a blip. Plus, odds are that by end of may Knebel will be back and Nelson will be in the midst of rehab starts.

They do have to play better against tougher teams, but it's not like they are getting their doors blown off every time they face a team many perceive to be better than them on paper. Most of their losses have been by 1 or 2 runs, and are due to a sputtering offense. Heck, they've been shut out half those losses.

I'd honestly be fine with the brewers losing every game to the cubs if they beat everyone else at a .750 clip and still win the division.

Archived