Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Bailey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-6]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JJ does it again. Hopefully he can find three more. Come on crew, get at least one more across.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

well, the other choices are perez or sogard so .271 with all singles looks pretty good... i am in favor of bringing dubon up but it looks like that will wait until june. i am ok with villar hitting .271 even if its all singles. he doesnt seem to be a ****** on the bases either this year

Three hit night for Arcia. Hopefully coming out of it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ugly stat, we are 6-13 in games that Hader doesn't pitch.

Seems a little misleading, assuming we only bring him into a game we are already leading

Not really, maybe a little, but I'm assuming he would only be used in very tight games either way, maybe ties or with a 1 run lead like last night.

We obviously wouldn't use him down 10-0, but we wouldn't use him up 10-0 either, and sometimes like tonight he won't be available regardless of score because of how he is used.

Point being he's obviously very impactful.

well, the other choices are perez or sogard so .271 with all singles looks pretty good... i am in favor of bringing dubon up but it looks like that will wait until june. i am ok with villar hitting .271 even if its all singles. he doesnt seem to be a ****** on the bases either this year

Oh I'm not disputing that the other options are worse. Just saying for the most part a Villar 2018 resurgence is mostly myth so far.

we arent asking him to hit leadoff this year.. we just need him NOT to hit .200... .271 is fine until hiura or dubon get here

I really don't care about his batting average. I'd rather have a .220 hitter with a .330 OBP than a .270 hitter with a .295 OBP.

Ugly stat, we are 6-13 in games that Hader doesn't pitch.

Seems a little misleading, assuming we only bring him into a game we are already leading

Not really, maybe a little, but I'm assuming he would only be used in very tight games either way, maybe ties or with a 1 run lead like last night.

We obviously wouldn't use him down 10-0, but we wouldn't use him up 10-0 either, and sometimes like tonight he won't be available regardless of score because of how he is used.

Point being he's obviously very impactful.

I certainly agree he is very impactful, but for example, last year the Dodgers were 42-55 in games that Jansen didn't pitch in.

Jeffress gets thrust into a bases loaded jam again, this time with 1 out, once again gets out of it, and then goes 1-2-3 in the 9th like it's no big whoop.

This rotation might not have a true ace, but this bullpen has 2.

Arcia makes up for it in the end. JJ with a nice save. Good win tonight.

Jeffress gets thrust into a bases loaded jam again, this time with 1 out, once again gets out of it, and then goes 1-2-3 in the 9th like it's no big whoop.

This rotation might not have a true ace, but this bullpen has 2.

It was first and third....

we arent asking him to hit leadoff this year.. we just need him NOT to hit .200... .271 is fine until hiura or dubon get here

I really don't care about his batting average. I'd rather have a .220 hitter with a .330 OBP than a .270 hitter with a .295 OBP.

Considering where he bats in the line-up...definitely will take the AVG. Today is a fantastic example. A walk would have been utterly worthless with who comes up behind him.

Regardless he is hitting .273 with an OBP of .313...not the example you are using.

If we want to talk about sad...Orlando Arcia's horrid split between his average and OBP% despite the pitcher behind him. You would think he would walk more just to get to the pitcher.

Considering where he bats in the line-up...definitely will take the AVG. Today is a fantastic example. A walk would have been utterly worthless with who comes up behind him.

Regardless he is hitting .273 with an OBP of .313...not the example you are using.

If we want to talk about sad...Orlando Arcia's horrid split between his average and OBP% despite the pitcher behind him. You would think he would walk more just to get to the pitcher.

I'm starting to think that you don't like Orlando Arcia.

Archived