Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Bailey) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-6]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pina is going to have to throw out every base runner with the way he’s hitting.

And Arcia better get to every ball in the infield the way he hits. :laughing

To some extent, I agree. Pina has been such a let down though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That ball was absolutely ripped by Perez. WHoof.

Yelich and Braun too. Both of theirs went for outs though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jeffress should definitely get some work tonight. Maybe Taylor Williams too.

Read something yesterday, I think it was from McCalvy, that said it sounds like Williams isn't going anywhere when Logan returns. Nor should he.

Drake is on borrowed time already, but I thought he had no real chance to crack the roster this year so who really knows.

i dont get the negativity towards villar this year. i get he sucked LAST year andwas a knucklehead on the bases but he has played well THIS year....

He has not played well this year, he has a .629 OPS and plenty of the usual stupid/lazy defense and baserunning mistakes. He has 5 BBs and 27 Ks

To some extent, I agree. Pina has been such a let down though.

I would argue that to this point Arcia has been a bigger letdown based on being a top 10 prospect who isn't as far along as we'd have hoped. Pina was just a guy and happened to beat out his competition this year.

Pina is definitely roster worthy but I agree he's more suited to be a backup catcher. He's got the defensive skills to profile as a nice defensive catcher, just would like to have someone like Realmuto as a starter.

i dont get the negativity towards villar this year. i get he sucked LAST year andwas a knucklehead on the bases but he has played well THIS year....

He has not played well this year, he has a .629 .653 OPS and plenty of the usual stupid/lazy defense and baserunning mistakes. He has 5 BBs and 27 Ks

No, he has not. He's become almost exclusively a singles hitter, can't take a walk and has an even lower OPS than last year. (At least up to his last AB)

Bout the best thing I can say is that his defense has seemed okay and when that's the best compliment you can find for JV that's not a good thing.

Well, this was prophetic...

Is Hader definitely unavailable tonight? 37 pitches last night.

Yes....CC said it before the game apparently

Wish we had him here, not a good start for Barnes.

Ugly stat, we are 6-13 in games that Hader doesn't pitch.

Archived