Brewer Fanatic

Gomes or Perez (CLE)

Due to Nottingham's stint in the majors, he has essentially not played any road games in the minors this year (and the road games are good in the PCL as well) so that is contributing.

You're literally elevating Nottingham based on 50 plate appearances where he has a .500 BABIP.

I could spend several hours picking out AAAA caliber players that hit .300+ with Colorado Springs. I'd put some stock into Nottingham's gaudy stats if he didn't have the exact same K% that he's always had.

This is like comparing Corey Ray to Lewis Brinson and saying they look about the same for MLB projection, which I'm not even sure is fair because I think Mejia's majors production is more of a certainty that Brinson's, IMO.

Where am I getting the HR power from Mejia? He hit 14 HR in 92 games at age 21 last year.

Nottingham at age 21 (AA): 112 games, 11 HR, .234/.295/.347

Mejia at age 21 (AA): 92 games, 14 HR, .297/.346/.490

Nottingham had to repeat AA (and still stunk) at age 22. Mejia is now at AAA at age 22.

So Mejia looks like a better HR hitter than Nottingham.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. But it's not that I dislike Mejia. He's a great prospect that any team would be lucky to have. I'm sure he'll turn it around, but he's been bad so far this year in AAA. I just think penalizing Nottingham for doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing isn't fair to him as a prospect. And, to me at least, his existence in the Brewers system would make giving up a ton of value for a guy like Mejia a poor investment. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think Mejia is a "can't miss" guy.

I'm not penalizing Nottingham for it. I'm just choosing to put very little stock in a small sample in an ideal environment.

Same goes for Mejia. First time regularly in AAA. He can turn it around. Do we think Domingo Santana is a 0 HR, sub .600 OPS hitter? Maybe Santana isn't the guy we saw last year, but I think that he's going to get back up towards that .800 level at least, right? Give it time.

Agree with this. Sample size is much too small at this point, and playing in CS is going to inflate your numbers. Look at Freddy Peralta and Burnes' numbers pitching in CS. And Garrett Cooper looked like Mike Trout in AAA last year. Not saying give up on Nottingham, but be cautiously optimistic.

If the Dodgers continue to stink, Yasmany Grandal?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think he’d be a great pick up, but I think he’d be expensive as well. Probably worth a top ten player plus a major leaguer. I’d give up Dubon plus, but I’m betting they ask for Burnes or Peralta plus.

I think he’d be a great pick up, but I think he’d be expensive as well. Probably worth a top ten player plus a major leaguer. I’d give up Dubon plus, but I’m betting they ask for Burnes or Peralta plus.

I believe he’s a free agent after the year so you would think that would drive down the price a bit. Maybe?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived