Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-30: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (Finnegan) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5; historic night for Hader -- Save, 2.2 IP & 8 K!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Josh Hader you are ridiculous.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator
I don’t think I had ever realized how much Adam Duvall looks like actor Matt Dillon until that brutal swinging strike against Hader. Some definite similarities.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Why Hader isn't the full time closer I'll never know.

He's more important in the role he's in right now.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Why Hader isn't the full time closer I'll never know.

He's far more valuable pitching whenever the situation is right, not just going out ever save chance. Tonight a perfect example coming in mostly to face Votto at a crucial point.

You're top pitching prospect should not be your middle reliever. It's that simple. They're just wsting his talent.

That's just not true any more.

You're top pitching prospect should not be your middle reliever. It's that simple. They're just wsting his talent.

The most important hitters and innings aren't always the 9th. They are currently maximizing his talent in my opinion.

Agreed. That is an antiquated line of thinking.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Thanks, I needed a good laugh...

Trying to figure out how it's middle relief to potentially record the last 8 outs of a 1 run game

Yes it is. He should be a starter, they’re using him the best way if they are going to make him a reliever but it’s not maximizing his potential value.

Archived