Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-29: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-0]

Eye Black
The one silver lining about this series is that I seriously doubt that there won't be some sort of change made as a result of this series. They need to change SOMETHING.

Don't see it. They'll blame the wind and tip their caps to the Cubs pitchers. Sogard will still be here tomorrow, Coles will still be here tomorrow.

Agreed. We will get excuses and not an attempt st a solution

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember in spring training when we were all freaking out about the pitching and gushing about how good the offense was going to be?

I do and this series proves us wrong.

Who is our hitting coach? I could do a better job. Can his butt....now. Worthless, whoever he is. Five shutouts by one team in a month is pathetic.

The players still have to hit. I couldn't care less if Coles is let go or not but that isn't going to fix the problem.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Wow we've finally seen enough of Bandy and his foul infield fly abilities

Haha. Sogard can keep his fair.

Sogard seems like a nice guy. I hope he has all summer to spend with his wife and daughter to do stuff and enjoy his $2.4 million dollars without the commitment and burden of a full-time job.

Our offensive ineptitude is sad, considering we've held the Cubs to ten runs scored in four games. A 2.50 ERA from your staff should earn you at least a split in the series. But not with the bunch of Nancies we're sending to the plate.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Our offensive ineptitude is sad, considering we've held the Cubs to ten runs scored in four games. A 2.50 ERA from your staff should earn you at least a split in the series. But not with the bunch of Nancies we're sending to the plate.

Every hitter in the lineup and bench should be embarrassed to look any member of this pitching staff in the eye after this embarrassment of a series.

Except Drake, no one should ever have to be ashamed to look him in the eye.

The one silver lining about this series is that I seriously doubt that there won't be some sort of change made as a result of this series. They need to change SOMETHING.

Don't see it. They'll blame the wind and tip their caps to the Cubs pitchers. Sogard will still be here tomorrow, Coles will still be here tomorrow.

Which is the only really logical thing to do. I mean they could send Sogard down since his stat line looks nothing like the rest of his career. Give him a chance to get his head together. But to fire the hitting coach when you are 16-13 one month into the season is just being knee jerk.

Which is the only really logical thing to do. I mean they could send Sogard down since his stat line looks nothing like the rest of his career. Give him a chance to get his head together. But to fire the hitting coach when you are 16-13 one month into the season is just being knee jerk.

Coles is in I believe his 4th season and has never led an offense better than 20th in runs scored, that is not knee jerk. He's had 500+ games to put his stamp on the offense.

And Sogard cannot be sent down without his approval which I assume he would not give since he's going to be paid the same regardless.

Shaw's swing on that 3-1 pitch is exactly the issue. I love Shaw, but dude. Your run is meaningless. You cannot swing at a 3-1 pitch at your shoes. That is just bad baseball in any situation but especially that one.

Let's hope someone other than Thames swings it in Cincy. As I remember it, we didn't exactly tattoo Reds' pitching last go-round.

That record is bloated considering 40% of their games so far have been against last place teams, and we will play three more of these games starting tomorrow. We can't play the Reds and the Marlins of the world everyday.

Forget sending him down. He should be DFA'd tomorrow morning.

Now we'll go into Cincinnatti, hit the cover off the ball, sweep the lowly Reds and CC will tell us all I told you so and all will be well again.

You mean the offense that managed just 8 runs (4 in garbage time in a blowout loss and 4 on Thames HRs) in a 3 game series against the Reds at Miller Park? The Brewers might win a game or two, but I wouldn’t hold my breath until they start hitting the cover off the ball.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Let's hope this is the low point

TH tweet

This is first time Cubs have won four in a row despite scoring three or less runs since at least 1908. Was the fewest runs they allowed in four game series June 1919 against Pittsburgh (also two runs). We will stop there because the historical badness just goes on and on.

How does Sogard get to bat as a PH off the bench when the games are on the line? Never mind start.

He is a veteran of 6-8 years so it's not like he is going to get better. What you see is what you get. Don't we have anyone in the minors?

At any rate, we got a great team, just gotta flush this series. Awful. Just aren't ready for primetime yet. Choked

Let's hope this is the low point

TH tweet

This is first time Cubs have won four in a row despite scoring three or less runs since at least 1908. Was the fewest runs they allowed in four game series June 1919 against Pittsburgh (also two runs). We will stop there because the historical badness just goes on and on.

Another tweey from TH, and he's not telling us anything we don't already know.

#Brewers had hoped to be not so reliant on HRs this season but it is the same. They hit none in four games with wind blowing in and scored a total of two runs. Cubs hit one homer to win opener and scratched across eight other runs.

It's home run or bust for this team. Been that way for longer than I care to remember.

Archived