Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-29: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’ll point out again that Arcia isn’t even 24 years old.

Young players don't magically get better just because they get older.

Carlos Gomez comes to mind...

Not magic, I’m sure there are swing/mechanical changes but players to find it late in careers. Arcia no where near late in his career.

Who is our hitting coach? I could do a better job. Can his butt....now. Worthless, whoever he is. Five shutouts by one team in a month is pathetic.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

That's it. I'm not watching another Brewers-Cubs game this year. Certainly not a weekend series game. Life is too short. I'll spend my Sunday doing something more productive. Like cutting the lawn with a weed clipper.

I've seen alot of bad Brewers baseball in my lifetime, but I have never been more angry about a four game stretch than I am about this Cubs series.

By the way, sure glad we let Jean Segura and Mitch Haniger go.

Haniger just hit his 10th home run of the season, tied with Mike Trout for the league lead. He's hitting .309, 10 HR, 27 RBI. 1.085 OPS.

Segura is hitting .298 with 21 runs scored, 9 doubles, 2 HR, 21 RBI, and is 5 out of 5 on stolen bases.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I’ll point out again that Arcia isn’t even 24 years old.

Young players don't magically get better just because they get older.

Carlos Gomez comes to mind...

Not magic, I’m sure there are swing/mechanical changes but players to find it late in careers. Arcia no where near late in his career.

Carlos Gomez had a pretty normal trajectory to his career. Stunk early, was all star level in his late 20's, went back to stinking probably largely due to injuries when he got old. You usually want to wait 1500 PAs before you feel you really know what a player is going to be and even then it isn't perfect. Arcia isn't up to that range just yet and won't be this season. If he hasn't improved by the middle of next season he probably isn't going to do much more improving though.

The one silver lining about this series is that I seriously doubt that there won't be some sort of change made as a result of this series. They need to change SOMETHING.

Don't see it. They'll blame the wind and tip their caps to the Cubs pitchers. Sogard will still be here tomorrow, Coles will still be here tomorrow.

The one silver lining about this series is that I seriously doubt that there won't be some sort of change made as a result of this series. They need to change SOMETHING.

I'm not so sure about that. The Brewers have always been glacially slow at making changes. Moving Suter to the bullpen met their monthly quota.

I just find it odd that we rested 2 starters in each of the first 3 games. Do we have the firepower to rest 2 from the upper half of the order?

If our guys need rest then maybe rest them against the Reds coming up. And all of us knew what was going to happen in a tight one run game when he put Drake in there. Game over. Has Hader even seen the Cubs in this series? Strange.

But, at the end of the day and series, we have our best lineup in there today and we still can't hit the ball. And we are really playing soft on defense. If Yellish is aggressive then Rizzo gets caught at 3rd by Shaw since Rizzo didn't even bother sliding.

This whole series is mental. Can't believe some poor pitchers are shutting us out. Still 2 innings left in this series, hopefully Santana can do something.

Archived