6. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 6. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF

7. Orlando Arcia ® SS 7. Addison Russell ® SS

8. Jett Bandy ® C 8. Jason Heyward (L) RF

9. Zach Davies ® P 9. Tyler Chatwood ® P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mental game today. A win would be a big boost mentally for this club.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Here's to the SUNDAY line-up that CC will probably run out there. Sogard, Bandy, and Perez starting?

Agreed, a win today would be a boost for the players, and hell, the fans as well...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Here's to the SUNDAY line-up that CC will probably run out there. Sogard, Bandy, and Perez starting?

Agreed, a win today would be a boost for the players, and hell, the fans as well...

You only were 1 for 3.

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Shaw

Aguilar

Villar

Arcia

Bandy

Davies

It’s not like Pina is doing much of anything anyways. We really need Nottingham to be the real deal.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The great starts from many of our top prospects has me wondering if a few of them may be flipped for Realmuto at some point. Pina's 2017 numbers so far look like a mirage, and while Nottingham has looked good, he's still only 23 and has a lot to prove. Hopefully Vogt is back soon and can hit a little while playing passable defense.

You only were 1 for 3.

If TurboRickey can field C, SS, or 2B he would be our best option...

Mental game today.

Every game the Brewers play is a mental game as the team as a whole has a really 'mental' approach to hitting...

The great starts from many of our top prospects has me wondering if a few of them may be flipped for Realmuto at some point. Pina's 2017 numbers so far look like a mirage, and while Nottingham has looked good, he's still only 23 and has a lot to prove. Hopefully Vogt is back soon and can hit a little while playing passable defense.

Great starts? Are you referring to the Colorado Springs hitters?

I’m thinking if those stats translate to the majors then the Brewers would rather keep Nottingham and Dubon since we desperately need production at C and middle infielder.

Regarding Dubon, the CS manager was quoted recently that Mauricio needs some work at CS. There are some mental errors they want to clean up. But, I think we have a keeper there eventually.

Why? mental errors at the big league level are completely tolerated and nothing ever happens to any player that commits one

I think if you go back and look at Arcia's hot run last year it was more or less driven by BABIP craziness.

I know he had that great year at AA, but I'm not sure he was ever meant to be more than a #8 hitter with great defense, which is more or less what he is.

He's definitely going to need to make some significant adjustments to get any better at the plate. We'll see if he's capable of doing that.

Arcia looks like a pitcher at the plate sometimes. I mean he did at times last season too and then pulled it together somewhat, but I am a bit worried nonetheless.

I mentioned this yesterday. The odds of him ever turning into a respectable hitter are pretty slim. Couple that with the mental mistakes he makes and I don't think he's the franchise shortstop he's touted to be. Maybe it's just immaturity at this point but I get the feeling that he doesn't have the drive to be the best baseball player that he can be like most players have and he is just uncoachable. Just my two cents.

I’ll point out again that Arcia isn’t even 24 years old.

I’ll point out again that Arcia isn’t even 24 years old.

Young players don't magically get better just because they get older.

Experience should matter as much as age and he more or less looks like the same player that came up a couple seasons ago.

I just wonder what some of you would’ve said after Yount’s year SIX in the league as he posted a .679 OPS and didn’t exactly light it year 1-5 either.

I just wonder what some of you would’ve said after Yount’s year SIX in the league as he posted a .679 OPS and didn’t exactly light it year 1-5 either.

I'd probably cut him a little more slack since he started his major league career at age 18.

What has Arcia ever done to think he can be anything more than what he did last year other than “being young?” He still can be a valuable player with the defense but there isn’t much he’s ever done to believe the bat will be all that great.

Archived