Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-28: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Guerra's strong 6 IP outdone by Quintana]

Eye Black

Good grief, how many times have we been shut out already this season? 6?

We've got to be leading the league.

But hey, should be fine if we can go back to playing the worst teams in baseball every day.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another shutout! This is getting ridiculous. Another hard luck starting pitcher. Drake once again didn't pitch well but it makes no difference. Can't win without scoring runs

We've scored nine runs in seven games against the Cubs. Are you freaking kidding me?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I think some of this is the wind and good D from the Cubs. Honestly think we hit the ball harder today, but that is baseball. When you don't hit well situationally, you lose.

It has been an ugly start against the Cubs, but we plated well against the Cards in St. Louis and against a good Mets team. I think we will be fine against good teams. It is April, and we are +4. Win tomorrow or Monday, and things are fine.

It's as if hiring a career .245 hitter as hitting coach was a bad idea.

Derek Johnson never pitched in MLB or the minors, but he's a very good coach.

Some key hitters have started the season slowly, not really a rare thing. Crappy, but not rare.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Seeing Javier Báez seem to take the next step offensively gives me hope for Arcia. Báez entering his 26 year and Arcia entering his 24 year.

Arcia was never the hitter Báez was in the minors. There’s very little evidence to believe he’ll ever be more than a version of Alcides

I was questioning why we were resting 2 starters in each of the first 3 games but I guess it really doesn't matter. Chatwood isn't that great today but we simply can't buy a hit and seem to be playing with our heads down like we are already beaten. Another soft throw to 3rd base could have nabbed the non sliding Rizzo but we just aren't aggressive. Time to flush the series and beat up on the reds again.

Go Brew Crew!

Archived