Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-28: Brewers (Guerra) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Guerra's strong 6 IP outdone by Quintana]

Eye Black

HiGJjJi.jpg

HiGJw8J.jpg

*Team records at the top don’t include yesterday’s results because the MLB.com graphics used hadn’t been updated at the time of posting.

[pre]Brewers Lineup Cubs Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Albert Almora Jr. ® CF

2. Christian Yelich (L) LF 2. Javier Báez ® SS

3. Ryan Braun ® 1B 3. Kris Bryant ® 3B

4. Domingo Santana ® RF 4. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B

5. Hernán Pérez ® 3B 5. Willson Contreras ® C

6. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 6. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF

7. Manny Piña ® C 7. Ben Zobrist (S) 2B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Jason Heyward (L) RF

9. Junior Guerra ® P 9. José Quintana ® P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't be resting anyone today or tomorrow, we need all the guns we have to try and even up the series... (unless there is an unknown injury of course)
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Useless but mildly interesting fact for the day: Quintana throws lefty but bats righty. Pretty rare combo.

Rickey Henderson, Mad Baum.. just off the top of my head. That is an interesting combo. Must be a rare combination to be left handed but right-eye dominant.

Useless but mildly interesting fact for the day: Quintana throws lefty but bats righty. Pretty rare combo.

Rickey Henderson, Mad Baum.. just off the top of my head. That is an interesting combo. Must be a rare combination to be left handed but right-eye dominant.

I've always assumed guys who crossed over like that were just "lower hand on the bat/club" dominant, rather than truly ambidextrous, but I guess I've never asked someone.

I've always assumed guys who crossed over like that were just "lower hand on the bat/club" dominant, rather than truly ambidextrous, but I guess I've never asked someone.

This is why I do it. Started out batting right handed because I had more control of the bat with my left hand on the bottom. Tried switch hitting around 9 (and really the only reason I did that is because I loved Ken Griffey Jr. and his swing and wanted to emulate it.) I was okay batting left handed but it never really felt comfortable so I went back to exclusively batting right handed when I was around 12.

With the wind blowing in and so many players struggling offensively, I'm not optimistic today. Beyond the first three, it's like a black hole so far this season. Hernan Perez should never hit as high as 5th... Some of them should snap out of it (Santana most likely to do so I suppose), but I don't think it happens today.

Would be delighted to be wrong though!

Nice play there by Zobrist on Villar. Would have been nice to extend the inning a bit.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

With the wind blowing in and so many players struggling offensively, I'm not optimistic today. Beyond the first three, it's like a black hole so far this season. Hernan Perez should never hit as high as 5th... Some of them should snap out of it (Santana most likely to do so I suppose), but I don't think it happens today.

Would be delighted to be wrong though!

The difference between the Brewers bottom of the lineup compared to the Cubs, is staggering. Perez, Villar, Pina, Arcia, pitcher.. Yikes!

Yep, the bottom of the Brewers lineup is not good. I just think of how terrible this offense would be if they hadn’t added Cain and Yelich.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It is so exciting to see Guerra pitch so well. Such a great story in 2016, just awesome to see that it may not have been a fluke.

Nice to see Arcia showing some fire and accountability for not making that catch, but would have liked to see Santana at least in the vicinity of the ball. Wrigley outfield isn't huge, was he playing super deep or something?

Nice to see Arcia showing some fire and accountability for not making that catch, but would have liked to see Santana at least in the vicinity of the ball. Wrigley outfield isn't huge, was he playing super deep or something?

Jogging, per usual.

And Arcia can be mad but that’s a really tough catch for him.

If Cain couldn't see the ball he needs to be screaming that. Signaling to Santana "come here" with your hand does nothing. He's either looking at the ball in the air and can't see your hand and assuming you have it considering you're not saying anything and it's 100% the centerfielder's ball or he takes his eye off the ball, sees your signal and then has to look into the sun and find the ball again.

Archived