Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado (Part 1)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but see tweet below. I take this to be the Yankees version of HH19.

https://twitter.com/EvilEmpireTalks/status/1018672288441491458

I saw something similar but can't find the tweet anymore, it's apparently circulating on a dodgers site that the Dodgers will be landing Machado in a 3 team trade after the allstar game. The Dodgers version of HH19.

So, it sounds like both the Dodgers and Yankees will be winning the Machado sweepstakes.

Highly doubt that the Orioles are going to hand Machado to the Yankees for a couple ok prospects and a couple spare parts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but see tweet below. I take this to be the Yankees version of HH19.

https://twitter.com/EvilEmpireTalks/status/1018672288441491458

I saw something similar but can't find the tweet anymore, it's apparently circulating on a dodgers site that the Dodgers will be landing Machado in a 3 team trade after the allstar game. The Dodgers version of HH19.

So, it sounds like both the Dodgers and Yankees will be winning the Machado sweepstakes.

The Yankees as a finalist is being debunked by national sources with, you know, a history.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Olney reporting its down to us, Philadelphia and LA with a deal to go down soon.

I would assume "soon" means by Wednesday or so.

I have no idea. He is the 10 yard line guy. Says the three are waiting for a call.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Olney reporting its down to us, Philadelphia and LA with a deal to go down soon.

I would assume "soon" means by Wednesday or so.

Even if it is done, nothing is going to be announced until Wednesday. Might start hearing leaks tomorrow evening during the game.

My guess is the Orioles are weighing several similarly-valued offers right now. My gut tells me the Brewers probably have the best offer by a bit, if the Orioles are insistent on getting a package of players back that are near MLB ready. Reports are LA offering younger guys. Haven't really heard on Philly.

It's hard to put too much stock in media reports, but us falling out of it and then climbing back in it according to reports...may indicate we upped our offer. I'm honestly very concerned that we increased our offer to include Burnes. All that said, I still think the Dodgers or Phillies beat us. They generally have more resources and can afford to throw in more prospects.

My hunch is the Yankees were never serious and that was leaked/invented by the O's (or maybe the Yankees) to create more perceived demand. NYY usually does not trade for "rentals," at least not the big ones. Plus, Machado does not want to play 3B and NY already has a SS.

Re: Donaldson -- He was great 2-3 years ago but now it seems he can't stay on the field. I don't think they can afford to take a chance on a guy who may not play much in the second half, even if they had somewhere to play him. He did play a few games at SS last year, but esp. with his calf issues this year I don't think that's where we want him playing.

Archived