Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado (Part 1)

@AdamMcCalvy

Following Following @AdamMcCalvy

More

The Orioles have a scout at Marlins Park tonight. Freddy Peralta is about to take the mound for Milwaukee.

Edit - They can watch Freddy all they want, he's not going anywhere.

What players would the Orioles have interest in that they could realistically get from the Brewers in a trade for Machado? Thames, Perez, and Villar are the few that stand out to me. Thames probably makes the most sense since the Orioles could really use a first baseman.

My guess would be Nottingham.

Good call, he would be a solid piece in a trade.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a thought (even if it isn't based in reality)....

Say Machado was on the block and was controllable until after the 2020 season. How much would you be willing to offer the Orioles then? Would Hiura, Burnes and Peralta be enough?

Id make him play 3B and give em Shaw Arcia and either Peralta or Burnes

Maybe Taylor Williams too? Don't think we'd like to trade him.

I agree but if they are there to scout for a trade they are looking at someone. I can't believe it's gonna be Peralta. That leaves Nottingham, Burnes, Williams and maybe Broxton (though I would think the would showcase Broxton if that were the case).

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
@AdamMcCalvy

More

The Orioles have a scout at Marlins Park tonight. Freddy Peralta is about to take the mound for Milwaukee.

What players would the Orioles have interest in that they could realistically get from the Brewers in a trade for Machado? Thames, Perez, and Villar are the few that stand out to me. Thames probably makes the most sense since the Orioles could really use a first baseman.

I would guess Nottingham and Broxton. Maybe Lopez and Barnes.

@AdamMcCalvy

More

I would guess Nottingham and Broxton. Maybe Lopez and Barnes.

I doubt Baltimore has any interest in either of Lopez or Barnes.

Likely. Maybe Lopez as a secondary piece. Barnes can't have much value right now. Lopez is still young enough to have theoretical upside.

I can never keep track of whether Lopez is even on the 25 man or not.

Likely. Maybe Lopez as a secondary piece. Barnes can't have much value right now. Lopez is still young enough to have theoretical upside.

I can never keep track of whether Lopez is even on the 25 man or not.

I had to double check, as I was actually surprised to see his name on the 25-man. He was called up July 7, and hasn't been sent down (yet). I imagine it will be either him or Orf leaving by tomorrow to activate Miley, though.

Hypothetically...

Would you all rather have Machado at a cost of say...Burnes, Broxton, and Meideros

or

Eduardo Escobar with a cost of Phillips, Houser, and Jorge Lopez

Not sure if neither is an option, but that's where I'd be on both of those. I'm not opposed to Escobar, so I'd probably lean towards that deal but I still think it's too much.

IF there's a Baltimore scout at the game it's to watch Peralta and maaaybe Nottingham. Machado isn't coming here for Thames, Broxton, etc. They've supposedly already targeted Burns so not sure you need to send a scout to see a guy you already know you like who probably won't pitch today

IF there's a Baltimore scout at the game it's to watch Peralta and maaaybe Nottingham. Machado isn't coming here for Thames, Broxton, etc. They've supposedly already targeted Burns so not sure you need to send a scout to see a guy you already know you like who probably won't pitch today

Except I really cannot fathom that Peralta is on the table, unless the Orioles are adding a starter to the deal.

I would guess Nottingham and Broxton.

These seem the most logical. I'm sure they'll be watching Peralta and Burnes if he throws as well.

I hope they had someone watching Corey Ray in AA today.

I don't.

you have to keep your top two pitching prospects and also i would keep Zac brown and his band

I think Brown is getting overrated just a bit on here.

I think soon enough you'll come to the realization that you were late seeing it with him.

you have to keep your top two pitching prospects and also i would keep Zac brown and his band

I think Brown is getting overrated just a bit on here.

I think soon enough you'll come to the realization that you were late seeing it with him.

No, I think I have a good read on him.

Archived