Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado (Part 1)

Buster Olney on Twitter...

Source on where the Orioles seem to be in their Manny Machado trade process: "(Opponents') Thirty-five yard-line, and driving."

I'm not sure if that description of where trades are at could be any more vague

However, if we are actually getting in the bidding, this will obviously be huge for us. Allows saladino and Perez to go into super utility roles (where they probably should be used) and if shaw needs a day or gets injured we can slide Machado to third. This would be a big get for the crew.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
One thing to keep in mind as we get these reports, the Orioles are notorious for having a quick hook when it comes to failing players based on medical records and/or physicals.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

@Ken_Rosenthal

#Dodgers, #Brewers most serious for #Orioles’ Machado, sources tell The Athletic. #Indians also in mix, though taking on rest of Machado’s $16M might be obstacle. Question remains: Will O’s ownership view offers practically or slow down process by asking for other players?

Things could get very interesting, very fast

Doesn't take a lot to connect the dots that Woodruff is the headliner in a potential Machado package.

Where are you getting that?

He said connecting the dots, so just an educated guess. I’d have to agree with him though. If MLB ready pitchers are the target (or pitchers in general) he makes the most logical sense. Trading Peralta probably isn’t happening and Burnes is likely off-limits. Next best in line is Woodruff. Solid prospects, but not too much to give up for a rental.

I’d at least say Woodruff is likely a piece being dangled for Machado.

Buster Olney on Twitter...

Source on where the Orioles seem to be in their Manny Machado trade process: "(Opponents') Thirty-five yard-line, and driving."

Just came to post about that. I understand using the whole “at the goal line” analogy, but kind of funny we now have to envision the trade talks progressing to the point where a team is on the brink of field goal range.

What does this even mean lol. If we stop them on third down and make them kick the fg does that mean we get machado for just lara? [sarcasm]if they go for it on 4th against the dodgers d and get the first does that mean we are out or do we just have start over?[/sarcasm]

Right now im just imagining a chart on the wall of the gms office equating trade progress with field position.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Per BrewersWorld
Hader has not pitched since Tuesday, perhaps at the request of the Orioles while teams negotiate? Stay tuned.
:laughing
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

@Ken_Rosenthal

#Dodgers, #Brewers most serious for #Orioles’ Machado, sources tell The Athletic. #Indians also in mix, though taking on rest of Machado’s $16M might be obstacle. Question remains: Will O’s ownership view offers practically or slow down process by asking for other players?

Things could get very interesting, very fast

Doesn't take a lot to connect the dots that Woodruff is the headliner in a potential Machado package.

He said connecting the dots, so just an educated guess. I’d have to agree with him though. If MLB ready pitchers are the target (or pitchers in general) he makes the most logical sense. Trading Peralta probably isn’t happening and Burnes is likely off-limits. Next best in line is Woodruff. Solid prospects, but not too much to give up for a rental.

I’d at least say Woodruff is likely a piece being dangled for Machado.

I mean, if Woodruff is the headliner I cant believe the Brewers are getting him.

And man oh man would i love to eat some crow on that one.

I mean, if Woodruff is the headliner I cant believe the Brewers are getting him.

And man oh man would i love to eat some crow on that one.

That's where I'm at. The Dodgers out bid us the second they decide they want to.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

We have a bunch of guys that need to be added to the 40 man next year.... wouldn't that be a reason why we would be including a large number of prospects in a rental deal.

I know this has been mentioned somewhere...... what possibles will need to be protected on the 40 man for the first time next year?

Personally, I'd consider an offer a package like the following for Machado:

Santana (semi-proven, affordable OF that can DH or play LF/RF)

Ortiz

Bickford

Lopez

Before people claim I'm giving them junk, realize they get 4 players that all are likely to be regulars in the majors for them. I could see them wanting Hiura but that isn't happening. I could also see them wanting Philips, but they may prefer a proven big leaguer like Broxton or Santana. To be honest, I would let them have their pick of 3-4 (depending on which they prefer) of Santana, Broxton, Stokes, Ortiz, Bickford, Lopez, Hauser, Supak, etc.

Personally, I'd consider an offer a package like the following for Machado:

Santana (semi-proven, affordable OF that can DH or play LF/RF)

Ortiz

Bickford

Lopez

Before people claim I'm giving them junk, realize they get 4 players that all are likely to be regulars in the majors for them. I could see them wanting Hiura but that isn't happening. I could also see them wanting Philips, but they may prefer a proven big leaguer like Broxton or Santana. To be honest, I would let them have their pick of 3-4 (depending on which they prefer) of Santana, Broxton, Stokes, Ortiz, Bickford, Lopez, Hauser, Supak, etc.

I would rather not sell low on Santana.

Could Peralta (hope not) be going and that's why Burnes got the nod to come up...to take his place?

Burnes was sent to the bullpen in AAA and now we are going to trade Peralta to put him in the rotation? I doubt it. If that was the case he would go back in the AAA rotation, have a couple prep starts, and then be in our rotation.

I think trading Peralta is becoming a stretch because he has pitched pretty well at the MLB level. If we trade Peralta and Burnes bombs that really takes away from the gain we get by acquiring Machado.

I don't think Manny is going to sign long term with us but here me out. Next year we have roughly 67 mil on the books, we have a lot of pre arbitration players and then players like davies and santana who have been struggling and won't get much of a pay raise. Our payroll could be around 90 mil still and Attanasio said he isn't scared to spend more money in the past due to the low payroll during the rebuild. Is it possible we could offer Many a contract in the 25-30 mil range. I don't think this is going to happen by any means but it's just a thought, you have know how much winning means to a player and if him and his family would enjoy it here.

Peralta or Hiura aren't in a Machado deal IMHO

I might be the only one but I wouldn't give up much at all for Machado. Rental with no compensation and he's Yuni bad defensively at shortstop.

Peralta or Hiura aren't in a Machado deal IMHO

I might be the only one but I wouldn't give up much at all for Machado. Rental with no compensation and he's Yuni bad defensively at shortstop.

I'm with you. Building a solid team for the future does not include eptying the farm for a 2.5 month rental.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived