Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-27: Brewers (Suter) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

Eye Black
It would be really nice if the umpires called a fair game. If we lose on a level playing field, fine. But ever since September last year...they've been out to get us man. I remember last year the umpires gave their friends/family all wearing cubs gear tickets to the games at miller park...yet I'm supposed to believe what I saw wasn't due to bias?

Umpire at home was terrible today, but he was terrible both ways. Nothing he did cost us the game, Sogard booting a ball for a run and our best hitters not coming away with more than 1 run in the 7th with a big inning chance is what cost us the game.

He was not equally terrible against both sides. The ratio of botched pitches was like 5 to 1 in the Cubs favor. And he probably intentionally called a couple the Cubs way to try and even it out a bit...

The game absolutely could have gone differently if Heyward doesn't get walked on 4 straight strikes, or if certain counts were different. That slight edge the Cubs received from the umpires could have been the difference in the game...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let’s be real. Sogard ain’t going anywhere. And it sucks.

As good as Stearns is, and I think he is.. It amazes me he fell into the trap of resigning Sogard to a major league deal after last year. He had a crazy couple week run that was as flukey as flukey gets. He has no business being on a major league roster. No offense to the guy, but he just doesn't.

Yeah, I think Stearns fell into the trap of thinking this team is better than they really are with an overachieving 2017 season. Year two of a rebuilding process almost never results in 86 wins. That's probably where you should be year three.Instead he went out and got Cain and Yelich thinking he'd be putting the finishing touches on a championship caliber team.

It would be really nice if the umpires called a fair game. If we lose on a level playing field, fine. But ever since September last year...they've been out to get us man. I remember last year the umpires gave their friends/family all wearing cubs gear tickets to the games at miller park...yet I'm supposed to believe what I saw wasn't due to bias?

Umpire at home was terrible today, but he was terrible both ways. Nothing he did cost us the game, Sogard booting a ball for a run and our best hitters not coming away with more than 1 run in the 7th with a big inning chance is what cost us the game.

He was not equally terrible against both sides. The ratio of botched pitches was like 5 to 1 in the Cubs favor. And he probably intentionally called a couple the Cubs way to try and even it out a bit...

The game absolutely could have gone differently if Heyward doesn't get walked on 4 straight strikes, or if certain counts were different. That slight edge the Cubs received from the umpires could have been the difference in the game...

Sorry, but you're the only one here who has that opinion.

He handed us the game in the Cishek-Sogard at bat but the offense couldn’t get more than 1 run in

CC in his presser is defending Sogard. Unbelievable. He also admits these are going to be low scoring games in this weather but yet keeps Arcia on the bench in favor of a defensive liability in Sogard.

That’s what any good manager does. You don’t throw players under the bus, even if they cost you.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Bottom line: CC messed up and started Sogard, something that seems to continue to be an issue.

Is CC the type of manager that we want to run a team that has the chance to go deep into the play-offs or a possible WS appearance in the near future? If the answer is no, he should be un-employed at season's end.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Holy overreactions. We're suddenly "fake" because we lost two games to the Cubs by 2 runs? Good teams find a way to win these games? The season is 162 games long. I'm pretty sure good teams lose a lot of these games along the way. Good grief.

Do you honestly think this is a championsip caliber team? A playoff caliber team? If so, what makes you think that? History? I never said they were fake. What they are is average. I don't understand why this is so hard for some to wrap their heads around?

Holy overreactions. We're suddenly "fake" because we lost two games to the Cubs by 2 runs? Good teams find a way to win these games? The season is 162 games long. I'm pretty sure good teams lose a lot of these games along the way. Good grief.

Do you honestly think this is a championsip caliber team? A playoff caliber team? If so, what makes you think that? History? I never said they were fake. What they are is average. I don't understand why this is so hard for some to wrap their heads around?

If they turn out average, ok. Were you going into the season thinking WS? Because that’s your own fault then.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't think 2018 is a "make or break" season for the Brewers, and two one-run losses in back-to-back games to the Cubs should not be looked at as anything more than that. Maybe on another day the Brewers win the game big if Aguiilar and Yelich's flyballs leave the yard. It happens. Sogard still stinks :tongue .

If they turn out average, ok. Were you going into the season thinking WS? Because that’s your own fault then.

No I wasn't. I've said in the past as well that last season was a case of overachieving. What I'm hoping for this year is a repeat of 2017, and then playoffs next season.

Bottom line: CC messed up and started Sogard, something that seems to continue to be an issue.

Is CC the type of manager that we want to run a team that has the chance to go deep into the play-offs or a possible WS appearance in the near future? If the answer is no, he should be un-employed at season's end.

Maybe then we can then hire a championship caliber manager like Ned Yost?

Who thinks that?

I think it's a rising team with a chance to push for a wild card. That's my goal for 2018.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Maybe then we can then hire a championship caliber manager like Ned Yost?

Dang... CC has been Yosted!

Let’s be real. Sogard ain’t going anywhere. And it sucks.

As good as Stearns is, and I think he is.. It amazes me he fell into the trap of resigning Sogard to a major league deal after last year. He had a crazy couple week run that was as flukey as flukey gets. He has no business being on a major league roster. No offense to the guy, but he just doesn't.

Yeah, I think Stearns fell into the trap of thinking this team is better than they really are with an overachieving 2017 season. Year two of a rebuilding process almost never results in 86 wins. That's probably where you should be year three.Instead he went out and got Cain and Yelich thinking he'd be putting the finishing touches on a championship caliber team.

If that was the case don’t you think that maybe stearns would have acquired a TOR starting pitcher? Do you have any real evidence that acquiring Cain and Yelich were done as the “finishing touches” on a championship team or are you speculating? There is (and has been) an argument that says those guys are acquired to help both short and long term success

Archived