Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-27: Brewers (Suter) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Braun will hit a two out two strike dinger to tie the game.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Braun will hit a two out two strike dinger to tie the game.

I was close :laughing

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Let’s be real. Sogard ain’t going anywhere. And it sucks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We are not going to win this division if we are going to be the punching bags for the Cubs this season.

6-9 in division games this year, That's not good enough. And 1-5 against the Cubs, that's awful. Every other team they play has figured out their pitching besides us.

It would be really nice if the umpires called a fair game. If we lose on a level playing field, fine. But ever since September last year...they've been out to get us man. I remember last year the umpires gave their friends/family all wearing cubs gear tickets to the games at miller park...yet I'm supposed to believe what I saw wasn't due to bias?

Oh we all know that, but he should NEVER see another start at shortstop for the rest of his life. These low scoring games are the ones you want to have your best defensive players in.

Cubs beat us by a whopping 2 runs in 2 games and apparently we are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Our offense played 2 bad games against 2 very good pitchers. It happens.

Go get em tomorrow.

I'll add to this, if these games were in Miller Park we would have won both. We probably would have hit 4 or 5 HR, I don't remember the Cubs hitting anything deep that would have left Miller Park that didn't go out of Wrigley.

This loss is squarely on Counsell. If he just can't squelch the temptation to start Sogard when it is not out of necessity, then he can leave too. A manager has to do a better job of managing the team, the entire team, and starting Sogard proves he is unable to meet that standard.

MLB isn't about fair playing time, it's about putting the team on the field that gives you the best chance of winning. Perez and Sogard do not do that, ever.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Cubs beat us by a whopping 2 runs in 2 games and apparently we are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

yeah I'm so glad MLB gives out gold stars for close losses that we can exchange for wins at the end of the year.

Our offense played 2 bad games against 2 very good pitchers. It happens.

Go get em tomorrow.

Good teams find a way to win these games against real competition. And I didn't see anyone say we suck. Someone else and I said they were average, and they are.

As good as Stearns is, and I think he is.. It amazes me he fell into the trap of resigning Sogard to a major league deal after last year. He had a crazy couple week run that was as flukey as flukey gets. He has no business being on a major league roster. No offense to the guy, but he just doesn't.

It would be really nice if the umpires called a fair game. If we lose on a level playing field, fine. But ever since September last year...they've been out to get us man. I remember last year the umpires gave their friends/family all wearing cubs gear tickets to the games at miller park...yet I'm supposed to believe what I saw wasn't due to bias?

Umpire at home was terrible today, but he was terrible both ways. Nothing he did cost us the game, Sogard booting a ball for a run and our best hitters not coming away with more than 1 run in the 7th with a big inning chance is what cost us the game.

Umpire at home was terrible today, but he was terrible both ways. Nothing he did cost us the game, Sogard booting a ball for a run and our best hitters not coming away with more than 1 run in the 7th with a big inning chance is what cost us the game.

What cost us the game is our manager's decison to start Sogard at SS. That is what cost us this game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Not as long as CC has a say...

CC answers to Stearns, not the other way around, and if Counsell insists on keeping Sogard around, Stearns can and should tell him where to shove those Eric Sogard glasses.

Archived