Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-27: Brewers (Suter) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The writing has been on the wall for a few weeks that Suter only had a few more starts to prove his case. I'm assuming the plan was now that Guerra has locked down that 4th spot for now, Suter gets his chance until Miley is ready. If they want to go with Miley at that point, cool, otherwise Woodruff should really be in there and either way move Suter to the bullpen.

If they go with Miley, my guess is he's on a start-to-start basis and if he screws up too badly, they cut him and go with Woodruff.

Miley's final rehab start is today I think. If he gets knocked around again, I see no reason at all to give him any starts at the ML level.

This ump has no excuse. He should be able to call strikes and balls with Division II velocity.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It'll be really fun when his stat line is something like 5IP - 3R - 7H - 3BB :laughing
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Worst called 4 pitch walk AB in history?

otcZL6j.png

And he probably couldn't care less, because there are zero repercussions for these guys. Suck at your job in the real world? Get fired. In MLB? Get DFAed. MLB umpire? No worries, you stick around as many years as you want.

It'll be really fun when his stat line is something like 5IP - 3R - 7H - 3BB :laughing

Yep, pretty much. There are always going to be people out there who hate Suter because he doesn't throw 95. If he keeps you in games, what else do you want from a #4/5 starter?

And it is not like he's getting the support of our best players. We've tossed out the B-lineup in support.

The writing has been on the wall for a few weeks that Suter only had a few more starts to prove his case. I'm assuming the plan was now that Guerra has locked down that 4th spot for now, Suter gets his chance until Miley is ready. If they want to go with Miley at that point, cool, otherwise Woodruff should really be in there and either way move Suter to the bullpen.

If they go with Miley, my guess is he's on a start-to-start basis and if he screws up too badly, they cut him and go with Woodruff.

Miley's final rehab start is today I think. If he gets knocked around again, I see no reason at all to give him any starts at the ML level.

Even if he doesn't get knocked around I see no reason to give Miley starts the ML level.

Yep, pretty much. There are always going to be people out there who hate Suter because he doesn't throw 95. If he keeps you in games, what else do you want from a #4/5 starter?

5 IP 3 ER is still a pretty bad line.

I really don't care how he performs relative to expectations for a #4/#5. I care how he performs relative to what our other options to replace him can perform.

Suter has had a real knack this season for making me want to vomit toward the beginning of games and then settling in and keeping us in games. Not every start but that's been the case for several of his starts so far, and it's starting to look like that'll be the case today.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I really don't care how he performs relative to expectations for a #4/#5. I care how he performs relative to what our other options to replace him can perform.

If you are talking about Woodruff, I get it. If you are talking about Burnes and Peralta, look at both of their most recent lines. More seasoning needed.

I suppose that angst that Suter is causing among the fanbase as our worst performing starter in the end is a good thing. There were past years when removing him wouldn't even be a consideration.

That would be a 5.40 ERA, which would have been the second worst in the entire NL last season among qualified starters

Just out of curiosity, how many guys you'd qualify as 5th starters actually make the list of qualified starters?

You could obviously do better than that line, but especially with our bullpen, that line is going to keep us in ball games.

Archived