Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 4/25 - Morning Starts for Mudcats and Shuckers

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Have great seasons Dan and Erik in Colorado Springs, Garrett as he jumps up from Helena to Biloxi, Greg in Carolina, and Chris in Appleton!

Media notes, standings, and sortable stat pages

The entire local TV Timber Rattlers broadcast schedule

The first TV game is Monday April 23rd.

Must-follows for you on Twitter -- In addition to the affiliate Twitter accounts, please follow:

@BrewersFarm

@BrewCrewBlue

Believe me, the way they supplement any coverage and links we might be able to provide is invaluable.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Final: Biloxi 5, Montgomery 2

Shuckers Claim Rubber Match Against Biscuits for Third Straight Win

Gatewood and Moore Homer as Jankins Provides Stability on the Mound

By Spencer Siegel / Biloxi Shuckers

cut.JPG

Thomas Jankins tossed 6.0 innings during the day at MGM Park against the Biscuits, retiring 15 in a row at one point. (Photo: Michael Krebs)

Biloxi Box Score

Thomas Jankins threw six solid innings on Wednesday to lead the Biloxi Shuckers to a 5-2 victory over the Montgomery Biscuits. Jankins struck out six and walked no one while giving up a pair of runs. He retired 15 batters in a row at one point.

At the plate, Jake Hager continues his hot hitting with three singles, while Jake Gatewood and Dylan Moore had home runs.

Batting

Jake Hager: 3-4

Nick Franklin: 1-2, 2B, BB

Blake Allemand: 2-3

Jake Gatewood: 1-4, HR

Clint Coulter: 1-3, 2B, BB

Dylan Moore: 1-4, HR

Pitching

Thomas Jankins: 6 IP, 8 hits, 2 ER, 0BB, 6K, Win

Jon Olczak: 1.0 IP, 0 hits, 0 ER, 0BB, 0K

Nick Ramirez: 1.0 IP, 1 hit, 0 ER, 0BB, 2K

Nate Griep: 1.0 IP, 1 hit, 0 ER, 0BB, 1K, Save

Notes

Jankins has quietly had a nice season. He has won four games and has an ERA of 2.55. He is averaging over 6 innings per start, and has only walked five batters all year.

Jake Hager is now hitting .377 for the season.

Biloxi Log

2-run HR by Jake Gatewood is the nail on Montgomery's coffin.

Biloxi Bottom of the 8th

Pitching Change: Kyle Bird replaces Travis Ott.

Blake Allemand singles on a line drive to right fielder Ryan Boldt.

Jake Gatewood homers (4) on a line drive to left center field. Blake Allemand scores.

Dylan Moore grounds out, first baseman Dalton Kelly to pitcher Kyle Bird.

Clint Coulter flies out to left fielder Brandon Lowe.

Dustin Houle flies out to right fielder Ryan Boldt.

I got to see about 3 innings of Jankins' work this morning and man, he is fun to watch pitch. Does a great job keeping his fastball down and uses both his breaking ball (I think it's a slider?) and changeup well to attack the corners. When he gets on a roll ball after ball just gets pounded into the dirt and/or reached for and popped up. Has been one of my favorites since I first saw him last year early on with Wisconsin.

I got to see about 3 innings of Jankins' work this morning and man, he is fun to watch pitch. Does a great job keeping his fastball down and uses both his breaking ball (I think it's a slider?) and changeup well to attack the corners. When he gets on a roll ball after ball just gets pounded into the dirt and/or reached for and popped up. Has been one of my favorites since I first saw him last year early on with Wisconsin.

Do you think he's got legit MLB stuff? Not that he came out of nowhere, but I don't think many saw him mowing down hitters at AA as a 22-year-old.

Do you think he's got legit MLB stuff? Not that he came out of nowhere, but I don't think many saw him mowing down hitters at AA as a 22-year-old.

He got 16 points in our preseason 25... I had him at 22. :tongue

Still the success in AA is impressive. Even if he's on that Wilkerson Perrin Derby teir he's pretty promising.

He got 16 points in our preseason 25... I had him at 22. :tongue

Still the success in AA is impressive. Even if he's on that Wilkerson Perrin Derby teir he's pretty promising.

Thanks! Speaking of Perrin, any idea what is going on with him? Is he the "In case of emergency, please break" pitcher right now? Can't gather a whole lot looking at his Twitter, except that he drove through Albuquerque this morning, which is less than 400 miles from Colorado Springs.

Carolina 2, Myrtle Beach 1

Hiura and Mudcats Open Series with 2-1 Walk-Off Victory

Keston Hiura delivered a walk-off single in the ninth as the Mudcats defeated the Pelicans 2-1

cut.jpeg

A walk, a bunt single, a wild pitch, an intentional walk and Keston Hiura's game winning single were the difference in this pitcher's duel. The Pelicans, a Cubs affiliate, had been on a three game winning streak before today's game.

Nathan Kirby 2 2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K (44 pitches)

Victor Diaz 4 1/3 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 3 K

Miguel Sanchez 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

Chase Williams 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K (Win)

Keston Hiura 1-4, BB

Ryan Aguilar 0-3, 2 BB

Dallas Carroll 0-2, 2 BB

Weston Wilson 1-2, 2 BB

Luis Aviles 2-4, SB

Carolina Box Score

Carolina Game Log

Carolina Bottom of the 9th

Defensive switch from right field to left field for Daniel Spingola.

Chris Pieters remains in the game as the right fielder.

Weston Wilson walks.

Luis Aviles Jr. singles on a bunt ground ball to first baseman Tyler Alamo. Weston Wilson to 2nd.

Carlos Belonis bunt pops out to first baseman Tyler Alamo in foul territory.

With Ryan Aguilar batting, wild pitch by Tyler Peyton, Weston Wilson to 3rd.

With Ryan Aguilar batting, Luis Aviles Jr. advances to 2nd on defensive indifference.

Tyler Peyton intentionally walks Ryan Aguilar.

Keston Hiura singles on a ground ball to right fielder Chris Pieters. Weston Wilson scores. Luis Aviles Jr. to 3rd. Ryan Aguilar to 2nd.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Rattlers Win Again: Postgame Podcast, Video Highlight Package, More; April 25, 2018

I had noticed the new HD highlights in yesterday's package. Chris mentions that here. Fantastic!

Speaking of team-produced video highlight packages --

Biloxi staff crushing it as well

VIDEO via WXXV: More from Biloxi, including quotes from infielder Dylan Moore and utilityman Nick Franklin

VIDEO via WLOX: Even more new video from Biloxi, additional quotes

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Colorado Springs 13, Omaha 12

SKY SOX TOP STORM CHASERS IN 13-12 MARATHON

Kyle Wren completes a four-hit night with three RBI

By Shane Philipps / Colorado Springs Sky Sox

cut.jpg

The sweet write-up linked above recaps the game, and then provides the unique notes we're getting spoiled with by Shane this season...

Thursday's a Freddy Peralta night!

Box Score / Game Log

Do I really have to remind you to sample the fun within a 13-12 victory box score?

5'7" catcher Robie Rojas, 2nd year pro up from Maryvale, cleanup hitter in AAA lineup. Love baseball.

Rojas catches up with the Royals' Ryan O'Hearn --

Dbrz8DSVAAA0Fnk.jpg

Thanks! Speaking of Perrin, any idea what is going on with him? Is he the "In case of emergency, please break" pitcher right now? Can't gather a whole lot looking at his Twitter, except that he drove through Albuquerque this morning, which is less than 400 miles from Colorado Springs.

Yep:

Looking forward to seeing him in AAA. Gotta think he's taking Woodruff's rotation spot.

Final: Wisconsin 5, Clinton 4

Five-Run Inning is Enough for a Rattler Win

Wisconsin tops Clinton 5-4

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

cut.jpg

Wisconsin Box Score

As Chris mentioned, the Rattlers got all of their offensive business done in one inning, the 2nd, and that was enough to eek out their second win in a row. The offense wasn't exactly electric, as all 8 hits were singles and the team walked but twice. There were also a number of errors on the basepaths. But hey, a win's a win.

Couple of random thoughts... Tristen Lutz still has the same bat speed, he's just swinging at bad pitches, which is a problem up and down the lineup. And Lutz has a cannon of an arm in the outfield. Gabriel Garcia has a good enough arm at third, but his range/reactions are just not there (yet). Joantgel Segovia looks a lot better all around, including his outfield defense. Everything Dylan File throws moves. I don't think he's a particularly hard thrower (did not hear a gun reading), but the way his pitches dance up there, he has a chance.

Wisconsin Game Log

Archived