Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-24: Brewers (Davies) at Royals (Kennedy) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2; Thames injures thumb]

Eye Black
My guess is we see Barnes in to start the 8th, then bring in Hader whenever it gets to Duda, be that in the 8th or the 9th.

I don't expect to see Hader tonight. Maybe if they get in big trouble and the game is in the balance but otherwise he pitched an inning on Saturday and 2 on Sunday and with a 3 run lead I think they'd like to get him more than one day off.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Counsell gonna micromanage this one...

2 out of the next 3 are lefties, wonder if Jennings gets all 3 or if he's only in to face Moustakas.

Of his downfalls, I think he's been pretty good with the bullpen the mast few weeks.

He did give a game away by leaving in Hoover to blow that Cards game

My guess is we see Barnes in to start the 8th, then bring in Hader whenever it gets to Duda, be that in the 8th or the 9th.

I don't expect to see Hader tonight. Maybe if they get in big trouble and the game is in the balance but otherwise he pitched an inning on Saturday and 2 on Sunday and with a 3 run lead I think they'd like to get him more than one day off.

I agree that Counsell would obviously would prefer not to have to use him, but it's a save situation right now with two lefties coming up in the 9th inning. Hader is clearly the best option to pitch the 9th.

I'm fine with whatever he chooses (assuming it'll be Barnes but maybe Jeffress if not Hader?), I can really see it going either way. It's entirely possible Hader is off limits tonight no matter what.

Hopefully the Crew can add another couple here and make it an easier decision (although anybody got eyes on the bullpen?)

Counsell gonna micromanage this one...

2 out of the next 3 are lefties, wonder if Jennings gets all 3 or if he's only in to face Moustakas.

Of his downfalls, I think he's been pretty good with the bullpen the mast few weeks.

He did give a game away by leaving in Hoover to blow that Cards game

As I recall, he didn't have a lot of other options at that point in the game.

Made sense to have Jennings face the lefty. By the way, that was a heck of a play from deep short by Shaw.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jeffress coming in. He's earned it.

One out save? Jennings probably gets the 2 lefties. If he gets those two why not let him face one more?

There's a righty sandwiched between the two lefties.

Jeffress makes sense then. I just heard them say 2 lefties.

Counsell screws Jeffress out of the save, c'mon man, haha.

I don't believe you need a full inning to get a save.

not always, in this case you do

9.19 Saves for Relief Pitchers

A save is a statistic credited to a relief pitcher, as set forth in this

Rule 9.19.

The official scorer shall credit a pitcher with a save when such

pitcher meets all four of the following conditions:

(a) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team;

(b) He is not the winning pitcher;

© He is credited with at least 1⁄3 of an inning pitched; and

(d) He satisfies one of the following conditions:

(1) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs

and pitches for at least one inning;

(2) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the

potential tying run either on base, or at bat or on deck

(that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or

is one of the first two batters he faces); or

(3) He pitches for at least three innings.

Archived