Brewer Fanatic

2018-04-24: Brewers (Davies) at Royals (Kennedy) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-2; Thames injures thumb]

Eye Black
Wish I would've said it beforehand, but I was thinking Shaw bunting there against the tough lefty makes a lot of sense.

For a gritty move like that by the cleanup hitter I am shocked the cameras did not pan to the dugout to show Shaw getting high 5's from every single person in the clubhouse.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really quality at bat there Domingo.

Sheesh.

Which is why the Shaw bunt made no sense. Domingo cannot be counted on to put the ball in play. Runner on third with less than two out, he’s not the guy you want up.

So I'm assuming they prefer not to use Hader tonight, after going back to back over the weekend and 2 innings Sunday they would probably like to get him a couple days off.

Everyone else should be available I think.

I'm probably Santana's biggest fan, definitely thought he could repeat his success last year every year if not get better, but he's worrying me this year.

That said, I'm not particularly mad because there was like no market for him this offseason it seems like and at this point he's basically a 4th outfielder.

Santana is reminding everyone how hard it is to be consistently good in the MLB. It’s a hard game. Hopefully he will figure it out.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Santana is reminding everyone how hard it is to be consistently good in the MLB. It’s a hard game. Hopefully he will figure it out.

Well put. He had an awful April last year too, but then ended up being a big time weapon.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The guy is too talented not to get hot at some point. He was pretty streaky last year as well, though, which I think was the catalyst to go out and get guys like Cain and Yelich, who are much more consistent hitters. I don't think it's possible to hit .280 and blast 30 bombs and call those shallow numbers. I am very surprised he wasn't traded in the offseason, but now that it appears he's here for the long haul, I hope he gets things turned around soon. First 2 ABs tonight looked good, but he regressed back to chasing again.

Counsell gonna micromanage this one...

2 out of the next 3 are lefties, wonder if Jennings gets all 3 or if he's only in to face Moustakas.

Of his downfalls, I think he's been pretty good with the bullpen the mast few weeks.

Counsell gonna micromanage this one...

2 out of the next 3 are lefties, wonder if Jennings gets all 3 or if he's only in to face Moustakas.

Of his downfalls, I think he's been pretty good with the bullpen the mast few weeks.

I guess the tone of that post could've been construed as negative, but I didn't mean it that way.

Counsell's bullpen management has been stellar this season.

Archived