Brewer Fanatic

Scary Moment for Kris Bryant

Dead Simmons

couple of thoughts from seeing this:

1) it appears Bryant is going to be ok... which is really great

2) agree on the Madden thing. He always comes off as a big grump to me but it was warming to see him act so fatherly here.

3) I hate that it happened but I rewatched this clip about 5 times just to see Bryants helmet do a full rotation on his head

4) even if it was a glancing blow how on earth does he stay on his feet through it all?

Wow. Time for the C-Flap!

Why not just make it a rule and require it?

I'm pretty sure I heard on the radio the other day that the Brewers do require it or "strongly encourage" it, wink wink, at every level of the minors. I don't know if other teams do. But yeah it would seem to make sense, though I don't know if it would've made a difference in Bryant's case.

I still can't believe they haven't made pitchers wear something more than a cap on their head.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I still can't believe they haven't made pitchers wear something more than a cap on their head.

The only thing I have ever seen is some front padded thing that makes zero logical sense because they don’t get hit in their forehead. Problem is to protect them they would need some type of full helmet surrounding their entire head because often times (all the time really) it is l the back side or the side.

That might really mess up how they can pitch etc. I just don’t see it. It is a really rare freak occurance. Forcing them to wear something like that for a random freak occurance seems like a tough sell. Voluntarily? Sure.

Archived